Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago Jean Hiraga came to my place to review my set and the Pitbull (my Shigaclone) in particular.

I will be in this month magazine ( 6 pages) and will come up with a translation...it is in french.:rolleyes:

index.php

Six page review ...unfortunately still "en francais" but for those who understand it is also detailed info/review/fotos of the shigaclone...

Attachments

• Pagina24.pdf
    185.5 KB · Views: 350
  • Pagina25.pdf
    178.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Pagina26.pdf
    187.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Pagina27.pdf
    179.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Pagina28.pdf
    173.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Pagina29.pdf
    172.9 KB · Views: 180
Merci Erik; très très intéressent

Don't forget there is about 8 millions speaking french persons in north america and numerous on DIY :spin:

Very good..so you can do the other part of America a great favour...:spin::D

Forgive that was rude ....but if you have some time to spare I am particulary interested in his listening notes in the end.
I can let it translate but it would not be the same if an audiophile translates it...we speak the same language .....in the end.

Last edited:
Sadly, Google translate doesn't work on pictures - anybody has OCR software that could extract the actual text from Erik's pdf?

I did that but the resulting file is too big for this forum so I put it here.
Erik OCR.pdf

There are some OCR errors I'm afraid. A high res scan would give better results, but again would be too big for this forum.

Assuming this is OK to put up since it's the same as Erik posted intrinsically.
You can copy paste from Acrobat, not sure about acrobat reader, let me know if you can't copy and I'll paste the text only into word.

Very well done as usual Erik!
One question though... Is your house really always that tidy?;)

Bill

Last edited:
Schematic for shiga and power supply in attachments.
On shiga schematic a drawing error was corrected (pin 4 and 2 reversed in LT1763 ) and LED indicators added after each reg.
I also invite you to get best source for components.
The BOM is accessible on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuQF0EAtUutedEhBYW9hSklhOEVmSERodi1xSldyUUE
and anyone with a google account can edit the file.
You have an example on line 83, 93, 100. Please add distributor code with embedded link.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• shigaclone_diyaudio_rev1.4_05042012.pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 312
  • shigaclone_diyaudio_pwr_05042012.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
As many of you have noticed, we are in late with this project, mainly because the display part is very hard to source.
I wanted to use same multiplexed LCD display, but seems that is no such display available on the market. Any equivalent ones are for clocks and other small or big home devices, but so far none meet, even close, the requirements for this design.
What I´ll do is to replace original display with a LED matrix.
This will add some extra transistors to the design and with some work will look even better. ;-)

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
As many of you have noticed, we are in late with this project, mainly because the display part is very hard to source.
I wanted to use same multiplexed LCD display, but seems that is no such display available on the market. Any equivalent ones are for clocks and other small or big home devices, but so far none meet, even close, the requirements for this design.
What I´ll do is to replace original display with a LED matrix.
This will add some extra transistors to the design and with some work will look even better. ;-)

Regards,
Tibi
That's good news for me...so I'll get what i wanted heheh thanks for your effort Tibi

:D:D

Hello Tibi,

Is it possible to get the board already soldered with SMD and chips
(willing to pay ofcourse) :)

Hello Erik,

At this time I don´t have resources for this service, but I plan in the future to offer this transport ready mounted and tested.
An alternative would be to get the boards ready mounted from PCB factory, but the minimum order is 500.

Regards,
Tibi