• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

@soekris

It is possible to share more information about changes in filters in rev7 and how to implement new. I especially interested is there will be separate blank txt filter file or converter. How to import existing filters, etc.

I own rev3 board and I'm trying to use TNT NOS filter without DC HP because I have to play bit perfect DC samples
Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

So the problem could be the filter file?

So it's your own file, maybe verifying your setup with a known good filter file....

You don't make any sense. I can not understand what you write.

//

Oh, it seems to me the question is very clear.
However I attach a picture so you can better understand.

As you can see the wave file contains the same word from the beginning to the end: hex 40 00 00, bin 0100 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000.
Is this clear?
Only the 23th bit is on as you can see on the scope.
It's the I2S data, is this clear?

This means DC at the output of the DAC, assuming the DAM1021 raw output is capable of 1.4Vrms when all the bit are on, this means 1.9796 peak Vdc at the DAC output.
Is this clear?

If all the above is clear then the question isc clear.

What is the output of the DAM1021 with the above sample and your filter?
Does it provide constant 1.9796 VDC at raw output if you measure it with a DMM?

Attachments

• DC_Sample.jpg
    DC_Sample.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DC_Samples.jpg
    DC_Samples.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 205
He writes his intentions in #10351. I don’t know if the pseudo-NOS filters will do as he wants, because obviously the dam is always oversampling in the MHz range but Andrea already knows this. Best he can hope for is that the coefficients are such that after OS the bits are again what they were on the input. gumisb’s latest F5 filter would also be a good candidate to test.

But as long as the custom filters aren’t in, there’s not much point in discussing it further.