• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

3) Output shift registers now running at 1.4M/1.5M sample rate, making FIR2 filter different. Will require new filter file, but plan to use same filter file for both old and new boards, firmware will load filters as needed.

@soekris

It is possible to share more information about changes in filters in rev7 and how to implement new. I especially interested is there will be separate blank txt filter file or converter. How to import existing filters, etc.

I own the same Aten adapter but it's an older version so the driver for Windows 10 is not compatible.
Indeed it does not work.

The RS232 communication is a great problem since modern PC does not provide serial port.
And USB adapters don't always work properly (in my case it doesn't work).
That's the reason why USB port would be much better (indeed we have implemented USB port on our FIFO board in order to connect it with the PC).

BTW, I'm still waiting for the designer's help.

Finally I got the USB adapter working via J3.

I get the uManager and I'm able to download the filter but:
- using Tera Term the data are not sent because file transfer starts and freezes
- using Extra Putty file transfer never ends, it restars as soon as all the packets are sent

Any help?

Attachments

• TeraTerm_Download_Filter.jpg
    TeraTerm_Download_Filter.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 205
  • ExtraPutty_Download_Filter.jpg
    ExtraPutty_Download_Filter.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 198
Thanks for the tips but I have already tried (hyper terminal aside, I don't know where I can find it for Win 10).

I wonder if there is a way to update the filter, I have already tried 3 USB adapters without success.

The curious thing is that this is a commercial product but there is no support from the vendor/designer.
So I ask him again, is there a way to update the filter?

Without any difficulties whatsoever i have connected to the board's serial ports using ancient RS232, USB-serial adapter and Bluetooth which eventually became a permanent fixture because of convenience. Cannot believe something of this level of simplicity is still discussed here.

Just tried with Hyper Terminal, no way to transfer the filter file.

Well, seen you are so smart, please let me know what I have to do to transfer the filter file.

My adapters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094G8NY45/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7YSGVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
hamlet website | XURS232 - USB to Serial Port Adapter

My software:
- Tera Term 4.106
- Extra Putty 0.30
- Hyper Terminal 7.07

Please choose whatever hardware and software you want and let me know how I can succeed updating the filter.
If its was so simple surely you can tell me what I have to do.
Thanks

Attachments

• HT_Failed.jpg
    HT_Failed.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 176
  • HT_Failed_Msg.jpg
    HT_Failed_Msg.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 172