TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

Hi Stewin,

yes i am using the linkwitz riley active 24 db crossover up to 110hz or the below two schematics .

>>>one is a schematics for subs only i found on the web
>>>the other is a 24db i designed using the linkwitz 24db calculatorhttp://sound.westhost.com/project09.htm#download_esp_lr Linkwitz-Riley Electronic Crossover to fit my needs to cut the frequencies below 35hz and above24khz so as to get maxx spl out of drivers.

i always use active crossover with the subs

It there a BOM for this,and did you make your boards or buy them? NICE BUILD !
Thanks,
NS

I know this has been draw and redrawn to death BUT I was bored today and drew this up after going over all the revisions and ideas. Why not another :rolleyes: It gave me something to do. Maybe someday I'll actually put my new/boxed 18SW115's to work if I get time to build and it drops below 100*

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You're right, its been corrected. I didn't account for the resistance of my cheap dmm
The specs I have show 5.3 ohms DCR for the 18SW115-8 and 3.3 for the 18SW114-4.

Attachments

• 18SW115-8.png
    18SW115-8.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 551
  • 18SW115-4.png
    18SW115-4.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 533
Hi Crescendo,

I was reading this thread as I want o build 4 of these subs. Anyway I noticed you were in Sacramento. I would love to hear the subs you have built. I live in Stockton and can come up there at any time which is convenient for you. I have a small live sound co. so they will be used for live sound. Mostly country and rock bands. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
John

confused and need help

hi , i want to start building and have read as much as i possibly could and find that there are changes all the time with the design and bracing, can someone please post the final design and cutsheet . i really want to get started with building
thank you all and im learning as i go and im very excited to hear these

i am willing to spend whats needed to get the results im looking for, can if i can get a drawing of the best one to build with the optimal driver for it with the right amp to use to push 4 of these i will start building right away. i really need to have bass enough to knock peoples sox off. any suggestions as to how to achieve that?

Hi Pabesco,
I see you are in the Bahamas, man there are some HEAVY sounds there, is this what you are looking for? Are the 18LW2400 you have the 8 ohm or 4 ohm version? Did you find the link in my post #1353? Since you have drivers already I would build a pair of these and see if this is what you want at a minimal cost. From there you can decide what way to go, there are other options but I would start with this first.

TH18 is good, but it's not big enough to get down to the heavy stuff. It is good, very good for it's size. I'd build the two and use them for smaller gigs. But for BIG HEAVY basslines you are going to need something tuned a bit lower than the ~35Hz of the TH18.

I was just asking about the impedance to make sure, I don't know if they make a 4 ohm...