diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

this is the 10 pair local version of the honey badger, we call it Musang amp...this is a 10 pair output board, running off +-85 volt rails and using a 1500 watt secondary power supply..i have a traffo design for this.. we have sold over 50 boards now, and since the concept was proven and the board is good, more are asking to get boards...very cheap boards at such high quality...users are delighted..

Attachments

• video-1535764845.mp4
    4 MB
Ah, the B:)adger's still alive ! I have transcended from analog supplies. the badger is more stable than most class A front ends. The VAS is what I meant (the OP is AB ). Combine a current switching (.1% -80db PSRR) power supply with a badger's -90db PSRR = 120db+ PSRR. Some of the modern digital PS monitor the rails with an arm processor , correcting those golden (analog :D) rails at 3mhz .... PS from god ! My next ones are small badgers - ?wolverines? with a UCD3138 regulated supply microvolt regulation - would trump a dual supply (with it's golfball sized trafo ha ha).

There is one more level to climb , that is output bias monitoring (and correcting). I am playing with that now , with fast enough feedback you could bend the physics of the semiconductor (and firmware flash it).

Don't mind me ,,, but the bipolar 's weaknesses can be negated with a flashed software.

So , imagine a digital bias generator and "smart PS" combo . The existing base of any bias transistor on any AB amp could be manipulated at >3mhz with temperature and current firmware.

Class AB - D is born.

OS

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Pete!,
How are you? I'm so glad you're back!

I have to say that I finally got a set of boards for this amplifier that I am planning to build. One of a few projects on the go. I'm really looking forward to that build.

I really can't say how happy I am to see you back. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Best always, Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ah, the B:)adger's still alive ! I have transcended from analog supplies. the badger is more stable than most class A front ends. The VAS is what I meant (the OP is AB ). Combine a current switching (.1% -80db PSRR) power supply with a badger's -90db PSRR = 120db+ PSRR. Some of the modern digital PS monitor the rails with an arm processor , correcting those golden (analog :D) rails at 3mhz .... PS from god ! My next ones are small badgers - ?wolverines? with a UCD3138 regulated supply microvolt regulation - would trump a dual supply (with it's golfball sized trafo ha ha).

There is one more level to climb , that is output bias monitoring (and correcting). I am playing with that now , with fast enough feedback you could bend the physics of the semiconductor (and firmware flash it).

Don't mind me ,,, but the bipolar 's weaknesses can be negated with a flashed software.

So , imagine a digital bias generator and "smart PS" combo . The existing base of any bias transistor on any AB amp could be manipulated at >3mhz with temperature and current firmware.

Class AB - D is born.

OS

Hi

Would you suggest a suitable switching psu for the badger ?