Studio Reference Amplifier

Mamak,

Rs Components Malaysia have them.

Hiyass,

Mamak and Chlorofille, welcome aboard, you both from Malaysia too, Mamak you cannot do step down voltage from 230@240 to 110 with this regulator, i`m understand you want to make step down transformer to have 110v, This is not transformer and this is regulator, and i you do that u made very big mistake and smokes generator it self. :D

hi mile,
how abbout bias setting?if i use 45vAC supply,.and hw to add signl+clip led?

Set bias to 100mA, and use this circuit for leds.

Attachments

• APEX signal led + clip.jpg
    APEX signal led + clip.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4,149
.... use only one resistor ,with value 0.33 ohm/ 4W or 5W se schematic ;)
Alex.

My bad , i should have seen the schematic, thank you so much.
what will be the optimum power supply to utilize the amp to its full power in both 8 ohms and 4 ohms.

if I use 2sc2922-2sa1216 transistors instead of 2sc5200-2sa1943, what will be the difference in audio quality, will pcb component need any changes.

Can i use 2sk1530-2sj201 transistor with this amp.

thanks a lot.

Hello,
Finished assembling most of the amp pcb, except the transistors.
Please check before i finalize it.

My test psu is 37-0-37 3 amperes, is it fine. What test measures should i take for proper running of the amp.

How to set the bias for each transistor , I have never done before:confused::confused:

I did not get 10uf bipolar 63v, so 50 v is mounted.

did not get e33 5w so e33 1w series mounted.

To both the Alex Sir's Please tell what would be the difference in sound quality if i used 2sc2922-2sa1216 in place of 2sc5200-2sa1943

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    346.6 KB · Views: 3,450
  • DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    372.2 KB · Views: 3,108
Hi ,
Very nice board , but please change resistors to correct value 0.33 ohm /4-5W .
It's only one way to find how will affect by replacement , but pakage MT200 are a little to big for this . IMO not will affect the sound .....:) You cannot set bias for each transistor , just for all tranies from one rail , positiv /negativ adjusting 1Kohm trim potentiometer (wich is missing from PCB )
Alex.

Last edited:
Hi ,
Very nice board , but please change resistors to correct value 0.33 ohm /4-5W .
It's only one way to find how will affect by replacement , but pakage MT200 are a little to big for this . IMO not will affect the sound .....:) You cannot set bias for each transistor , just for all tranies from one rail , positiv /negativ adjusting 1Kohm trim potentiometer (wich is missing from PCB )
Alex.

Hello,
Got the trim potentiometer mounted, 0.68 ohms 2w resistors mounted, Coil at speaker out.

Alex what is the purpose of coil at speaker out.

Should i keep 10r 1w which is connecting Input gnd and Psu gnd, or remove it.
Is it possible the output will distort at high volumes if not using protection board
Will mount transistors today after your review.

Hello,
Got the trim potentiometer mounted, 0.68 ohms 2w resistors mounted, Coil at speaker out.

Alex what is the purpose of coil at speaker out.

Should i keep 10r 1w which is connecting Input gnd and Psu gnd, or remove it.
Is it possible the output will distort at high volumes if not using protection board
Will mount transistors today after your review.

Attachments

• DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 2,561
  • DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 2,484