Influence of the delay amplifiers for listening characteristics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Who are you, Godfrey ? And you come from ? Your words are very similar to the words of one person... :cool:
My name is Godfrey Leibbrandt. I am a 48 year old man, divorced with one child (a 16 year old son). Electronics is not my profession, only a hobby. I do computer programming for a living. I come from Cape Town, South Africa. I live in the suburb called "Fish Hoek" with my cat.

Anything else you would like to know about me?

Do your questions about me have anything more to do with the topic of this thread than the rest of your posts, or are you simply determined to get binned?

Upupa, are they your photos? As opposed to photos that he has taken of your amp? And to which post are you referring (there's lots of photos in this thread)?

PMA, what people do elsewhere is not our concern. Please do not drag disputes from other forums over here. You've been warned REPEATEDLY about that.

I don't see any photos at those links. Unfortunately, I do not read or understand Czech (other than a few selected curses), so can't follow where in the thread you're talking about. And where in the threads at diyAudio you claim your pictures are being posted. If you can at least do the latter, that would be helpful.

Godfrey - I share your sentiments. It's not the VAS that's unique, just the form of cascoding (which allows for use of a slower, more robust VAS). I think this is called the "wilson cascode" or something of that nature but really it's just a 2-transistor CCS except with the device-under-cascode replaced with the resistor. It is very effective, if you ever want to give a transistor a low cascode voltage (say .3V Vcb) without the transistor saturating, since the cascode voltage is very controlled. Although my implementation wasn't that great, I'm choking the transistor with about 0 Vcb. It was one of my older designs.

diyAudio

Interesting and very quick engagement, large bandwidth, more than 3.5 MHz. What are they doing to end cross-currents of transistors?

I'm not sure what you mean by cross-currents, but maybe you guessed that I have no way of controlling the VAS (Q16 and Q14) bias current, which may skyrocket or plummet with temperature.

- keantoken

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.