Influence of the delay amplifiers for listening characteristics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is one of my old *experiments*. I find this particular design kind of funny...

The amp would perform very, very well at 100KHz if the LTP had enough current drive for C1.

- keantoken

Perfect post.

Graf is too small for accurate analysis.

It is seen that the output phase is over 10 °, a large shape distortion, the difference between positive and negative half wave, the difference between boarding and descending edge. Lots of local feedback, charging and discharging capacitors the not same current, so lateral tilt. Some of the PNP transistors is too slow because of the wide upper and lower narrow.

I could go, what you can read ...

Thank you for your constructive contribution.

Both amps look very similar. But I see a big difference, HQQF gives 1kW, but amp5z only 250W. Judge for yourself which is better.

Btw F., what is the purpose of your asking for any simulated or measured data ("I ask all who can disclose any amplifier. Measured or simulated.") when all you say is that "judge for yourself" above ???
Not to mention your output power comparision :confused: which has nothing to do with the thread topic ?
Please let Danhard share your wisdom :)

How about this... Phase shift is 1.3@100KHz. I threw together this one with drive and BW in mind... If the load ever drops below 1 ohm, god help those Toshibas... Same thing if it oscillates. Lord!

Unfortunately it has some issues which place it in the hall of shame, it's not currently a practical design.

- keantoken

Attachments

• Smoke_Machine_100kHz_Rotation.PNG
    Smoke_Machine_100kHz_Rotation.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 242
Strong "sticking" in limitation in post 493, caused by heavy saturation.

It is obvious, VAS probably haven't antisaturation circuit....

Driver HQQF-55-502D, a large input signal 10V! Large capacity in the overall feedback. Sample inappropriateness overcompensation feedback. Capacity may be neither large nor small.

How about this... Phase shift is 1.3@100KHz. I threw together this one with drive and BW in mind... If the load ever drops below 1 ohm, god help those Toshibas... Same thing if it oscillates. Lord!

Unfortunately it has some issues which place it in the hall of shame, it's not currently a practical design.

- keantoken

151736d1261947032-influence-delay-amplifiers-listening-characteristics-smoke_machine_100khz_rotation.png

Interesting and very quick engagement, large bandwidth, more than 3.5 MHz. What are they doing to end cross-currents of transistors?

Last edited:
:cop: PMA and Upupa Epops, I will make Hugo's suggestion an official directive- ... etc
Hooray - at last !!! I've never been so happy to see a cop.

Having just wasted several hours of my life reading through 50 pages of (mostly) insults and sarcasm in order to find the useful content in between, I've gained a little insight and a lot of headache.

Thanks for your patience and perseverance, Mr Federmann.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.