Influence of the delay amplifiers for listening characteristics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Federmann have functional amp with " lazy " darlingtons such as TIP142/147 or similar, which he recommend to his customer ( and which we can to see at his pages )...isn't surprise, that he have problems with transistor sound...and his new one, amazing mosfet amp, isn't able to get into functional operation still more than one half of year...Isn't it true, Federmann ?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
151101d1261418789-influence-delay-amplifiers-listening-characteristics-thdoldform.jpg

Rotation of the output signal is Vdif magnification. Here you can see the progress of the output signal. Can count THD flow period. Period is short, fast audio portion.

Dif.jpg

100mV.jpg

More charts here

Federman,

What do you exactly mean with these curves? In the bottom curve I see some 3rd harmonic, which is in phase with the original tone. Is there more to this?

jd

Federman,

What do you exactly mean with these curves? In the bottom curve I see some 3rd harmonic, which is in phase with the original tone. Is there more to this?

jd

That's why I am saying it is nothing but a non-linearity, Jan. No mysterious phase shift influence. The only phase shift influence might be that the 3rd appears visually near the zero-crossing or near top, depending on phase angle of the 3rd vs. fundamental.

Thanks for your input, I really do need some qualified support here.

Federmann have functional amp with " lazy " darlingtons such as TIP142/147 or similar, which he recommend to his customer ( and which we can to see at his pages )...isn't surprise, that he have problems with transistor sound...and his new one, amazing mosfet amp, isn't able to get into functional operation still more than one half of year...Isn't it true, Federmann ?

i m just reading in his site, and to his credit, he says that it s
useless to use fast devices that must be bandwith limited with
capacitive compensations...

My 30 years old topology, 25W 4Hz to 500kHz, the DPA more?

KS-DB.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.