Influence of the delay amplifiers for listening characteristics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two topology, 100kHz to see when it will Vdif in non-linear region.

vs_Au_1.jpg

Amplification without feedback

vs_Au_Ph_1.jpg

Output Phase

vs_Ph_1.jpg

Vdif

vs_Udif.jpg

Graphs to illustrate.

Yes, agreed. That is why the feedback gets less effective at higher frequencies. So?
I'm not listening to Vdiff, am I? Are you suggesting that this Vdiff can be 'heard' in some way?

jd

Topology%20Federmann,%20HQQF-55_1.jpg

Me on the phase shift brought Vdif.

For sinus:

Vdif = input voltage * (sine phase shift)
Vdif = V(a) * (sine phase shift)
(sine phase shift) indicates the profit margin AU*- AU, while decreasing the profit margin grows and grows Vdif phase shift.

Output voltage = Vdif * AU*
V(c) = Vdif * AU*

AU* = gain without feedback
AU = Amplification Amplifiers

In the phase shift is included AU*, AU, SR and V(c)
When Vdif in the non-linear, there is IMD. Something I wrote here and here

I do not mean. Angle shows the conditions in the amplifier. Charcoal tell when a disturbance that is heard. Setting missing values.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Federmann, do you mean that because of the increase in Vdiff, there is an increase in distortion?

If so, I don't think I agree. The increased Vdiff is in fact the result of original signal not completely cancelled by the feedback, because the feedback signal is phase-shifted.

Look at it this way. Suppose the amplifier has a certain distortion, without feedback. Now you apply feedback. For low frequencies, where the feedback signal is in phase with the original signal, the distortion is greatly reduced. At higher frequencies, the feedback is less effective (lower loop gain), so the distortion reduction is less, and the Vdiff is larger. But I don't think you can say that the Vdiff as such causes larger distortion, the distortion was there all along, before you applied feedback.

jd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.