L-Adapter

Hi @Salas
Few months ago I asked you regarding a High Power version of the Ladapter. I end up not buying it, I needed more power.
With the proliferation of diy High end music servers (generally i5 or i7 Pc’s) we are in need of High power ac-dc Psu. The idea is use it with Dc-Dc atx adapters.
Are you planing to design a 200-300w (9 to 22v) version of the L adapter?
Thanks
Antônio

Last edited:
I built mine lately,in 5 volt version to power my Logitech Squeezebox touch.guys the difference with the stock smps psu is night and day.i can surely tell you that if you have a Squeezebox touch you have not heard it without L adapter.now,i can clearly hear my Benchmark dac3, through coaxial.salas bravo!

My speakers are pmc ib2i and are like magnifying glass to the truth...

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 301
Hey Salas, many thanks for what is poised to be a great PSU option for the RPi4.

I have a few boards on the way, and as I am slowly gathering parts (I am having the PSU built by someone much more experienced than myself), a question:

I have on hand an encapsulated, double shielded 2 x 12V @ 50VA toroidal transformer. I understand that within the guide you recommend 9V transformers for a 5V (well, 5.1V output) - but is there any chance to use this transformer?

My initial plan is to have 2 PSU's built in the same enclosure with the same transformer - one for the RPi4, the other for an optional USB isolator if the need arises.

I'd like to be able to use this transformer, especially since getting a new one will delay the build significantly, but do not want to compromise on the PSU.

Any thoughts? Thanks!