L-Adapter

Aren't there emissivity and reflected temperature controls to calibrate in the camera?

Frankly the interface is sluggish and not made by Apple. But there are many options to play with.
I guess it's all about what you said, as the DAC chip is surrounded by multiple nearby boards if they act like mirrors that's a problem!
A too big toy for a simple user, that confirms that the Fluke 179 is fine for me! Precise instruments are no easy toys...
https://www.distrimesure.com/fr/cam...mera-infrarouge-160-x-120-chauvin-arnoux.html

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No worries. Red, green, yellow, amber LEDs aren't too terrible for noise (blue or white have more) when put across the output if someone absolutely must. Say its an afterthought and much easier to wire there now for some practical reason.

But if you can plan ahead why not powering all possible LED indicators from the raw DC side and avoid messing with the output side. To program an LED's current follow this simple equation If=(Vdc-LedVf)/R.

Example, if 10V is available say on the raw side, for a green Led of 2V forward voltage drop use 8.2k in series. Near 1mA current will result. Not to be much bright if on a panel. Still from the equation you can size the resistor's value lower for more mA thus brighter light.

But if you can plan ahead why not powering all possible LED indicators from the raw DC side and avoid messing with the output side. To program an LED's current follow this simple equation If=(Vdc-LedVf)/R.

About raw DC do you mean from big caps, am i right?
Another option: i've available another 9v secondary, if i used it with an AC DC voltage regulator to connect led? Is it a right way?

Thanks Salas..

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No not needed. Isolation pads are for not shorting diodes together from touching a common metal part be it a group sink or a metal case. But use at least a metal sheet to sit the transformer on and to bolt the mains protective earth near there. For better safety.

Got her up and running. Seems to be working beautifully. Am running an Rpi4, with SSD connected directly to it. Running an Allo Digione hat. Have set the L-adapter to 5.1V under load. 50VA 2 x 9V transformer, secondaries connected in parallel. Might be expectation bias, but I swear music sounds fuller bodied now, smoother and more ‘analogue’ like. VERY pleased! Will find a suitable case for it now. Thanks for another superb creation Salas! :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: