Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

@Ian,

What is the difference between ultra capacitor full indicator and conditioning indicator? In this situation, what will it be the same, what will it be different?

They come from different logic. Normally they start at the same time or shortly after.

But when you turn of the on/off switch, conditioning LED will be off while full LED keep lit as long as UCs are full.

Ian

it works...
thank you Ian!!

Attachments

• 71820B3D-A834-4AE7-818C-DF8966EDE33B.jpeg
    71820B3D-A834-4AE7-818C-DF8966EDE33B.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 502
@Ian,

Can I modify UcConditioner from 5V version to 3.3v? For example, change the resistance on UcConditioner?

I found that I bought the wrong version, I should buy two 3.3v. My original plan was to buy the 5V UcConditioner without removing the LDO from McDualXO. However, I forget that McDualXO will automatically skip LDO when the input power is 3.3v so I don't need to remove the LDO on McDualXO.

3.3v UcConditioner powers McDualXO and BUFFALO DAC at the same time, will it have a negative impact? 3.3v UcConditioner powers McDualXO and BUFFALO DAC at the same time If I cannot easily modify UcConditioner from 5V version to 3.3v.

@mksung

Congratulations! What the ultra capacitors are you using?

I follow the manual and get BCAP0325 P270 S17 from mouser.

Ian

The output is a bisesik transformer, and the sound is very detailed. It was originally output directly to the post-amplifier, but the sound is quite sharp, so the output is changed to the pre-amp and then the post-amp of the vacuum tube to increase the charm of the vacuum tube.​

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
Hi Ian,

I'm new to this site and looking forward to future products with either the MKIII or FIFOPI stack or both.

I've read this thread but never found an answer if the MKIII can do parallel?

For example, I want to extend the hours for my NUC. If I get 2 hours on one 13.2 rail, if it's possible to parallel with the 2nd rail to extend to 4 hours using both 13.2 rails.

Thanks

The output is a bisesik transformer, and the sound is very detailed. It was originally output directly to the post-amplifier, but the sound is quite sharp, so the output is changed to the pre-amp and then the post-amp of the vacuum tube to increase the charm of the vacuum tube.​

Yes, that's true.

I use bisesik transformers too. Their balanced outputs feed into XP-10 and then a pair of XA160.5

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'm new to this site and looking forward to future products with either the MKIII or FIFOPI stack or both.

For example, I want to extend the hours for my NUC. If I get 2 hours on one 13.2 rail, if it's possible to parallel with the 2nd rail to extend to 4 hours using both 13.2 rails.

Thanks

I believe it should behave like capacitors in parallel. Side benefit of lower resistance

I believe it should behave like capacitors in parallel. Side benefit of lower resistance

Thanks alazira :)

Hi Ian,

Thanks

Yes, you can parallel output rails in same voltage for longer play time. They are isolated from each other.

Regards,
Ian

Disabled Account
Joined 2020

Thanks alazira :)

Yes, you can parallel output rails in same voltage for longer play time. They are isolated from each other.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks very much guys. It makes the purchase much more justifiable because of this one option.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ian,

What is best for buffering the RPi 5V rail; a ConditionerPi or a UcConditioner5V?
As I understand it the UcConditioner has the advantage of larger capacitance, while the ConditionerPi has the advantage of being closer to the load (part of the stack). Correct?

Could a second ConditionerPi be used to buffer the 5V rail for the clean side of FifoPi and DAC HAT?