Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Hi guys! Anyone has a recommendation for an active input switcher (at least 4 inputs) + volume control (motorized) with or without display (like this one F02A 4 Way Preamplifier/Power amplifier signal selection Remote volume control board With ALPS potentiometer| | - AliExpress)
I have look around and most I can find that are affordable are 230 Vac ? It looks like it really need only 6VAC.
Literature says
4- The power module board with anti-surge function, can be directly connected to the input voltage of 100VAC---230VAC.
Then further down it says
NOTE 3: This product only supports AC 220-230V input, not 100-120V input. If your country is 100-120V voltage, please do not buy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys! Anyone has a recommendation for an active input switcher (at least 4 inputs) + volume control (motorized) with or without display
I have the same requirements for an input switcher and I'm going to use the Muffsy Relay Input Selector: https://www.muffsy.com/muffsy-relay-input-selector-4.html It doesn't support a motorized volume control out of the box, but it should be easy to add with some Arduino programming (I've asked the guy who makes the kit about it as well).

I have yet to order a chassis, but I'm working on front panel layout. I am already planning on using a long flatted NKK toggle switch for power as I have already used it on my F5.

But I was also thinking of adding a mute switch, and I was thinking I could do this with this same DPDT switch (I have extras).

Option 1: Use switch to open/close connection from preamp board output to RCA sockets (out). This would leave the amp floating when muted, and maybe cause hum?

Option 2: Use switch to connect (via two throws) to either preamp board output or to signal ground. This would fix the floating problem (maybe not a problem?).

Option 3?: Could this be done without the switch actually being in the signal path? Could the switch be used to pull down the preamp board output by shorting to ground? This could be a really bad idea, but at least I realize I know little enough that I should be asking.