H2

I see where there is now a H2V2

Guess I missed the memo.

Just finished building "H2 Preamp V1 R0 (2019) so looks like I am (many) days late and probably a dollar short!

Just apprised by forum member that there is even a new thread for the H2V2 given the size of the original. Have not yet read all the posts but do see that the kit will be offered by the DIY Audio Store. However I do not see it shown on a search for "Pass"?!

My apologies in advance but can someone provide a Reader's Digest version of the impetus for the H2V2 which may only be Nelson's insatiable desire to improve on designs?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
The saga starts on post #651

Cheers, Pete

Guess I missed the memo.

Just finished building "H2 Preamp V1 R0 (2019) so looks like I am (many) days late and probably a dollar short!

Just apprised by forum member that there is even a new thread for the H2V2 given the size of the original. Have not yet read all the posts but do see that the kit will be offered by the DIY Audio Store. However I do not see it shown on a search for "Pass"?!

My apologies in advance but can someone provide a Reader's Digest version of the impetus for the H2V2 which may only be Nelson's insatiable desire to improve on designs?

Completed H2 V1 R0

Thanks for the thread "insertion point". Will check it out.

Had (mostly) fun building the 2nd generation of the Pass H2 Harmonic Generator and even found a knockoff "Pass-style" amp chassis to house it. Two wall-wart LRPSs are used for the 9V (LED meters) and 24V (H2 board) rather than purpose built supplies for each since that is out of my lane. A low profile duplex outlet was wired to the incoming 120V for the warts. A 2-deck rotary selector switch allows for monitoring the adjustment of the voltages of the 2 channels or the output of the two power supplies.

Attachments

• PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018_FRONT 3.jpg
    PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018_FRONT 3.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 535
  • PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018 REAR METERS LIT.jpg
    PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018 REAR METERS LIT.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 539
  • PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018 INTERNAL 2.jpg
    PASS H2 V1 R0_20211018 INTERNAL 2.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 546
It has been a looooong delivery, but the shipment has finally arrived down under!

I will contact the members for the down under boards by email to discuss shipping options.
@ZUM911 can you send me your email address?

Thanks Nelson and Pete for making this possible and everyone else for their patience!

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
H2V2 kits for EU + HK

The diyAudio store now has stock of DIY H2V2 kits, consisting of the PCB and two selected J113 JFETs.

H2 Harmonic Generator – diyAudio Store

At this point I am still in possession of the original shipment but it might be more prudent if everyone ordered their own from the store. Discuss with Carsten (PMs) . I can still try DHL international if that’s what folks want.

If you all agree to order your own I’ll send what I have back to the diyAudio store. I’m apologize for the original shipment not getting to Germany.

Regards, Pete

Last edited: