H2

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Any sets left X, I would like a set.

Regards

Maybe, a few folks have not paid yet, I'll give them another day or so, and if not, you get next divs. Thank you to the folks who paid already, and extra thanks for some of you putting in a little extra. In the future, if you can please include your DIYA name that would be helpful as I had to do some sleuthing to associate your DIYA name with your real name. But it is all good now.

1.hifibluedevil US *PAID*
2. Carl Huff US *PAID*
3. dBel84 US *PAID*
4. Shattered_dream Germany
5. tubesguy US *PAID*
6. manniraj India *PAID* send to address in USA
7. Samuel Jayaraj India
8. WG45, US *PAID*
9. meanie, SG *PAID*
10. gary s, Australia *PAID*

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Status Update on H2 giveaway:

1.hifibluedevil US *PAID*
2. Carl Huff US *PAID*
3. dBel84 US *PAID*
4. Shattered_dream Germany *PAID*
5. tubesguy US *PAID*
6. manniraj India *PAID* send to address in USA
7. Samuel Jayaraj India
8. WG45, US *PAID*
9. meanie, SG *PAID*
10. gary s, Australia *PAID*

I'll ship the boards out in the next few days.

Samuel Jayaraj - please let me know if you are still interested or Kokanee will get the boards.

WOW!!!

Are there any larger caps I can use for my title? This thing is amazing and, as 6l6 said, not subtle but a lot of fun!

It's kind of weird, but to use a much overused adjective, my system is much more "holographic."

As an example, play The Starseeds' Upstairs from their There is Enough for Everyone album, first on your original system and then with the H2 generator. I can't believe how much things have opened up and how much "air" there is now.

Drums sound more realistic in spite of having woofer boxes that aren't optimal. Cymbals have more sizzle. It also seems I can hear a lot more detail at low volume. I'm curious how it will sound after extended listening and at higher volumes. I'll have to wait until my wife leaves to see. That will be a while since we are under stay at home orders. :)

Nelson your trademark, "makes you want to listen to your entire music collection again" applies here. Thanks to you I'll be staying up way too late for a work night playing with my new toy tonight! :D

Now I need to buy some measurement equipment to see what's going on when I make adjustments.

It's kind of weird, but to use a much overused adjective, my system is much more "holographic."

WBS, may I ask at what percentage you set the distortion? I don't seem to get the same kind of enjoyment out of my H2 rev1 which I built from the kit. I'm starting to suspect that the PSU is adding rubbish to the signal. It is a SMPS intended for LED lighting. Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to see what the power looks like.

Even set as low as 0.75% distortion, the bass has a weird resonating sound which is quite distracting. Voices and guitar sound good, though.

If anyone else wants to comment, please feel free to do so.

Problem solved. I connected a Meanwell SMPS and it sounds completely different without funny sounds, except what one would expect from 2nd harmonics. I was even able to adjust to 1% and all seems fine.

Btw, it would be useful to know at what percentages others are listening.

I'm considering installing a bypass switch on the H2 and also phase reversing switches on the amp as I'm using RCA speaker connectors. So right now I have to use cross-over speaker cables with the H2.

Thanks for the nice toy Mr Pass.

Skylar, glad you were able to solve your problem! I don't have any test equipment to know where I have it set. I'm still playing around with different pieces of music. My preferred setting depends on the type of music I'm listening to.

I agree. A bypass switch would come in handy. I occasionally hear unwanted distortion on peaks at higher volume on some passages. I'm starting the day listening to Saint-Saens Piano Concerto No. 3 in E Flat Major. The effect is there, but not as dramatic as on the pieces I referenced above.

It's nice to have a toy to play with while being isolated and working at home. :)

Finally got mine into an enclosure.

Attachments

• H2-9.jpg
    H2-9.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 363
  • H2-11.jpg
    H2-11.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 376
  • H2-12.jpg
    H2-12.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for the advice, Nelson. In that case I'll wedge some kind of filter in there. Maybe a Cap Mx or CRC.

I too am using the Meanwell LRPS. This combined with the additional filtering mod for H2 VERSION 1 removed all of the noise I was experiencing initially. Using the H2 with XA60.8s and Martin Logan CLX Art and the sound has never been better.

Great stuff!