B1 with Korg Triode

I believe we could make an LTP with the Korg tube(s) if that's what you want,
in fact I think it would be easy using a CCS on the Cathodes.

"LTP" as in Leslie Tube Preamp?

Attachments

• 45lA.gif
    45lA.gif
    349.4 KB · Views: 1,178
Last edited:
I believe we could make an LTP with the Korg tube(s) if that's what you want,
in fact I think it would be easy using a CCS on the Cathodes.

NuTubes don't have cathodes. You could tie the heaters together, but the heater supply will have to float with very little capacitance to ground. At $50USD each for a NuTube, I think I'll stick with a 12AX7 or 12AT7.

I've ordered the Nutube accessory kit from RS UK. I think it's the daughter board and perspex cover that I posted a picture of a while back, but I'm not too sure as there's no description or photo on the RS website. At ~£11 with free delivery I felt it worth investigation.

I will report back when it arrives.

I'd be interested to hear what the accessory kit comprises. Can't find any information on it so far, although RS do show stock.

In Japan, there's apparently an official KORG accessory kit. It's possible that the RS one may be the same. Not sure how to share a link, but Akizukidenshi carries it, with photos of the contents.
The accessory kit arrived yesterday.

I haven't got an image hosting account set up, but it's this one:

https://www.marutsu.co.jp/contents/shop/marutsu/img/goods/010/1349684/1349684_1.jpg

In other words, you get a small mounting board (not clearly visible in the photo), a harness and connector, a Perspex case, 3 different sized self-adhesive foam pads and some good clear English instructions (when ordered from RS UK, at least). The bigger, green board in the photo isn't included.

Additionally, there's a small socket with the same pin layout as the Nutube, so you don't have to solder the Nutube directly to the small mounting board, although this would mean the Perspex case can't be used.

Quite a neat little kit.

Last edited:
I’ve ordered a couple of kits from RS here in the UK, because as and when when the B1 Nutube becomes available through the store, I have at least one to build for a family member....
Delivery for the accessory kit is 5 days instead of next day but it’s still free shipping....:) here in the UK.

sov

Joined 2016
Paid Member
The Korg Nutube in a big box with an awful amount of nothing and some bling-bling. A led hidden behind the volume knob is a tip from someone here but I forgot who should have the credit. Shifting the B1 buffer with 25k Alps pot to B1 Korg triod it’s finally time for sound check. It’s very(!) clear, distinct and pleasant from high to low but with several clicks on the knob a bit hard. It’s fine since I never turn the volume to 11. Perhaps it’s the 10k pot speaking? Tips, tweaks and suggestions are welcome.

Nutube makes its presences when switched off with a slight ringing. No input switch due to the one source, DAC.

- Consider a change of attenuators load resistor to 20k.
- When is it applicable to shift speakers polarity?
- Fantastic base and mid but would like softer treble, perhaps too much gain for my speakers.

Transformer 50VA
Salas ultra bib
XMAS Korg Nutube PCB with 2sk370 (big thanks to Mr Pass(!) and qwertyl)
10k Stepped Attenuator w Z-foil
T1: 24,0V
T5/T6: 0,620/0,618V
T7/T8: 10V/10V

Multibit Gungnir - B1 triod - M2 - Cornwall III

Attachments

• b1-korg.jpg
    b1-korg.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,036
  • halo.jpg
    halo.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,042