Exploring Purifi Woofer Speaker Builds

Hi guys, just wanted to add my grain of salt to the discussion about Purifi midwoofer in closed enclosure and show you my prototype in progress.
Actually the PTT6.5X04-NAA-08 is working flawlessly in sealed enclosure of 7 liters, and its frequency response and sound are top notch. Hi to @lrisbo and Purifi! <3
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-24 at 19.13.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-30 at 16.52.01.jpeg

Nice work Adam! I did not know that the new woofers are not made of paper anymore? That looks like an aluminum cone witha dustcap. I almost that was a Beyma TPL150H, but it is not. Super looking compact speaker you have.
Hi, this is the brand new woofer that i got from Purifi people for evaluation and testing in my prototypes, indeed the cone is aluminium, not paper.
https://purifi-audio.com/ptt6-5x04-naa-08/

Hi guys, just wanted to add my grain of salt to the discussion about Purifi midwoofer in closed enclosure and show you my prototype in progress.
Actually the PTT6.5X04-NAA-08 is working flawlessly in sealed enclosure of 7 liters, and its frequency response and sound are top notch. Hi to @lrisbo and Purifi! <3

Thank you Adam, looks great! /Lars

Finally someone using these as intended for best results in a sealed cabinet. I'm doing 4l per driver with Linkwitz transform for an F3 of 30hz with 95dB SPL 1m @ 12mm excursion, or F3 of 40hz with 100dB SPL 1m @ 12mm excursion. And sound quality far better than is possible with ported or PR.

However I'm helping a friend tune in a 4x 6.5" 28L sub cabinet this week. Only with 7L per driver you hit full excursion at far less power, and SPL's than 4L. And this 4 layer coil can take a beating.

Last edited:
Finally someone using these as intended for best results in a sealed cabinet. I'm doing 4l per driver with Linkwitz transform for an F3 of 30hz with 95dB SPL 1m @ 12mm excursion, or F3 of 40hz with 100dB SPL 1m @ 12mm excursion. And sound quality far better than is possible with ported or PR.

However I'm helping a friend tune in a 4x 6.5" 28L sub cabinet this week. Only with 7L per driver you hit full excursion at far less power, and SPL's than 4L. And this 4 layer coil can take a beating.
Hi Dude,
exactly, i have built a lot of vented (with passive radiators) and sealed prototypes using Purifi PTT 4 inch and 6.5 inch midwoofers, and i must say that they sure can take beating without a sweat, and i have not found slightest disadvantage with using them sealed, on the contrary. Of course they are demanding powerful amplification, but that is not a problem nowadays. FYI here is my build of flat Dolby Atmos mains in custom home cinema room, where i am using two PTT6.5X08-NFA-01 in 24 liters sealed enlosures behind acoustically transparent screens. Pics were taken before absorbers around them were installed.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-29 at 21.51.47.jpeg
AALCR.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 17.50.37.jpeg