• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Accusilicon AS318 Ultra Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sell various models of Accusilicon clocks, and I have no reason to deliberately say bad things about the more expensive AS338. According to my actual comparison between AS318-b and AS338, I don't think AS338 is better. AS338 will make the sound too clean, some of the original music details disappear, so that the sound becomes worse.

I purchased a pair of AS338 for $50 (us) each.

I have yet to directly A-B compare them with the AS318 but initial listening shows them to be better.

I have directly compared AS318-B with AS338 AB, and AS338 is not significantly better than AS318-B. According to my understanding, AS338 should be selected from AS318-B with slightly better physique, which is essentially the same thing, but the price of AS338 is much higher. Perhaps for this reason, AS338 did not appear on the manufacturer's website.

I want to improve my stock Fifopi clock. I just put together Fifopi and TransportPi and before I put them in an enclosure I want to maximize its performance. I am the type of guy that want to max out things and live with it for a long time. So greatly appreciated for any suggestions including any available drop in OCXO or any clocks that will improve Fifopi.

Also, can you please tell me where you got your AS328 for $50 each. TIA

A pair of AS318-B (45M/49M) is USD $40 and a pair of AS338 (45M/49M) is $130. The AS338 is only slightly better. International shipping fee is USD 20. Shipping time is within 2 weeks.

According to my understanding, AS318-B and AS338 are the same item, but AS338 is better selected from AS318-B.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I did try that oscillator with a very jitter-critical ADC clock, and found it just Ok. For instance, Epcos SG-210STF has ADC noise a bit less than 20x times more expensive Accusilicon. I have no equipment to measure the phase-noise but ES9822 ADC SNR very sensitive for a jitter, so I got the best SNR with Epcos SG-210STF, Accusilicon the second, and NDK NZ2520SD the worst of 3. Actually, NZ2520SD looks like a bit better than Chinese noname oscillator, and worse than mems SiT devices. BTW, inside of the DIP Accusilicon I found 2520 SMD, see attached.

Attachments

• 2021-06-08_19-39-38.jpg
    2021-06-08_19-39-38.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 379
Yeah. They offer AS318B in three different can sizes. The smallest can requires a bypass cap with minimal inductance between the cap and the clock ground pad. There is an illustration in the datasheet for the layout. Figured they must put the cap inside the bigger cans.

Regarding noise, when I tried AK318B it took 3-days of constant running for it to fully stabilize. Also, muting its output with enable pin for very long was as bad as powering it fully off in terms of destabilizing its jitter/phase-noise. Therefore, I would run both clocks continuously and switch between clocks by some means other than the enable pins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.