• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
No, but I cranked it up to play some electronic dance music and at 76Vpp I go my 8ohm TL speakers it still sounded great. Loud but clean.

attachment.php

Griddle temp was 32C. Not hot enough to cook unfortunately.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
All Cee's PSU for FH9HVX

Hi Folks,
Here is the new ultra compact "All Cee's" PSU that JPS64, Vunce and myself have come up with to pair with the FH9HVX (or any other 100w Class AB amp with PSU rails under 63v). I will be offering this as a pre-order on my shop soon. These will be 80mm x 100mm x 1.6mm boards with 2oz copper and ENIG finish. Pricing will be $20 ea - the same as a single FH9HVX as it is about the same size and manufacturing.

attachment.php

The All Cee's PSU features up to 40,000uF of bulk capacitance at up to 63vwdc. You can install a 0.22R to make it a CRC vs a CC PSU if you desire even lower ripple. Tests show that 20,000uF per rail sounds best in the FH9HVX with no hint of audible hum and a huge reserve for bass impact. Other features include provision for a snubber on the trafo input, bleed resistors, film bypass caps, LED charge indicators, and an on-board NTC ground loop breaker for connection to the chassis/protective earth ground. You can use all Faston tabs or the alternative Wurth 0.250in tab arrays which make it easier to install and keep aligned. All of this is a compact 80mm x 100mm package that will be easy install inside your chassis. If you are running your FH9HVX below 50v rails, you have enough room to install 15,000uF caps for even better performance. The caps in the BOM have been selected for the high ripple current to enable continuous higher power operation if needed. For higher power operation, it is advised to mount the bridge underhung and bolted to a metal floor plate for heatsinking.

Attached are schematics, a BOM, and stuffing diagram in the zip file.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a great no-nonsense simple PSU for all types of Class AB amps with 63v rails.

Thank you to JPS64 for another superb layout. :cheers:

Link to All Cee's in my shop on Etsy:
All Cees Class AB PSU | Etsy

Attachments

• All-Cees-PSU-3d-Render-v001.jpg
    All-Cees-PSU-3d-Render-v001.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 13,291
  • All-Cees-PSU-Schematic-v001.jpg
    All-Cees-PSU-Schematic-v001.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 2,881
  • All-Cees-PSU-stuffing-diag-v001.jpg
    All-Cees-PSU-stuffing-diag-v001.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,477
  • All-Cees-PSU-BOM-v001.zip
    320 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hehe, you need to build faster! How are those TPA3255’s coming along? :)

Recent stress test shows that a 300VA 32v Trafo can only get 74vpp (68w) into 10ohms under sine wave output. Music power with periodic peaks is different. But to get continuous 100w sine wave power output will need a 40v trafo.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
We are trying to keep it simple and keep costs down. An ideal bridge adds about $15 per bridge and you need two of them as you cannot operate on common or center tap mode. So really, that would add $30 in BOM cost, almost as much as the basic BOM for 1 FH9HVX amp.

The Lt4320 would indeed make the PSU even quieter and folks can use one of the PSUs available in another GB, or even the SLB PSU but with cap Mx portion depopulated.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
An update on PCBs. I went through the actual Gerber files carefully and found a small interference fit on the through hole slots for the inductor. JPS64 is fixing that now but it’s adding a few more days of work. But we will get better boards as a result.
Thanks for your patience.
X

Inductor wire is 2.0mm x7.0mm rectangle and we have 6.7mm long slot.
attachment.php

Attachments

• A631817A-464D-4857-A403-4383E1494AC7.jpeg
    A631817A-464D-4857-A403-4383E1494AC7.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 878
Last edited: