• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

I have a question for you guys who receive shipments from me overseas. Lately, Etsy has been using a shipping consolidator, Asendia (they call it Global Shipping Program) - my package is actually addressed to a USA address with a footnote containing the customer name and country. It is supposed to be tracked, but I am not sure how that works when the packages are consolidated. When you receive the packages, do they apply a new address label once it arrives in your country? Are you all happy with the packages you receive and are you able to track it?

Delivered with detailed shipping info - check the attached screen shot. Works for me. Works well, ain't broke, in terms of shipping - nuthin' to fix. Keep it up.

Thanks for all the good stuff.. :up:

Attachments

• Etsy Shipping.pdf
    329.6 KB · Views: 127
That was pre Covid astromo - I think you will find it all a bit different now, with tracking not working properly and taking way longer than your shipment took in Nov last year. These were the delivery times my parcels from X were taking on average last year.

It will be interesting to see how long the FH9HVX boards take once X mails them out.

Fair point gary.

I also didn't factor in the potential for US politics to further stress the postal service. That aside, at least we're not in the same situation as a number of other countries:
International Service Alerts - Newsroom - About.usps.com
Coronavirus: International updates - Australia Post
and there is traffic between Oz-US.

Given that couriers use the same basic transport methods:
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/f...images/2020/Q4/FXL_Service_Impact_5_26_20.pdf
Australia: The March 24, 2020 ban on all overseas travel by the Australia government remains in effect. Commercial flight availability is affected, resulting in less air cargo belly space.
I'd expect that they will have similar difficulties.

As long as stuff doesn't get stranded or go astray and gets here, that's the main thing.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I can’t send anything to South Africa. They take my money and then return the shipment saying only critical items allowed. Happened twice already. I have to file for reimbursement of postal charges.

I was curious what the package looks like when you receive it from the consolidator. I guess they slap a new label on the package?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here is a redacted example of what one of these "Global Shipping" labels looks like. As far as I know, it goes to Pennsylvania. Here is one to a customer in Hong Kong. There is no export information on the label even. I typed all that in but it looks like it doesn't get slapped on until later.

attachment.php

So what do they apply over this label by the time it reaches you is my question.

Just curious.

Attachments

• Global-shipping-example.jpg
    Global-shipping-example.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 972
That is strange X, seems like double handling and double delivery time to me. How do they know where this package has to go to.

Out of interest, that label was created on the 16th May - do you know how long the parcel took to get delivered to the address in HK?

They must have to look up some sort of record and print out the ultimate address label and stick it on.

Seems a very weird way of doing things, it must take longer and cost more for postage I would have thought.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here are the new boards delivered by DHL in record time. The new All Cee’s PSU looks great. Very compact and full featured PSU with excellent layout. This board is going to be handy for all sorts of projects including chip amps and IRS2092 Class D amps.

The 2oz copper and massive via stitching creates a hefty low impedance connection for all the key high current traces:
attachment.php

The new FH9HVX has the corrected racetrack shaped plated through hole for the Wurth inductor leads. Silkscreen errors corrected and power rail solder tabs eliminated. Simply install your FASTON where you need them:
attachment.php

These are very nice boards. Thank you for the super layouts, JPS64! :cheers:

Attachments

• 17EC2210-5EAB-47B2-A5FB-4E53BAA5A17F.jpeg
    17EC2210-5EAB-47B2-A5FB-4E53BAA5A17F.jpeg
    873.3 KB · Views: 724
  • 9E8D95F4-C34F-4EC9-8FB5-61B839F6FD61.jpeg
    9E8D95F4-C34F-4EC9-8FB5-61B839F6FD61.jpeg
    900.5 KB · Views: 962
Last edited: