• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I’ll try to get them out tomorrow or by Monday the latest. I have self stick labels and plastic bubble wrap envelopes now that require a lot less “tape work”. Maybe it will go a lot faster now.

A closeup to show the cool plated through hole racetrack shaped slot for the inductor’s 2mm x 7mm copper wire.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7444DF71-AFE7-403A-A6C2-09FDF2203645.jpg
    7444DF71-AFE7-403A-A6C2-09FDF2203645.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think Vunce has one. Please standby.

Edit: just checked, Vunce does not have one. This PSU is kind of a personal thing depending on what voltage you need so one size doesn’t fit all here. It’s pretty self explanatory.

If you are building it for FH9HVX at 52v, use 63v caps of appropriate leg/pin spacing and diameter. Go for at least 10,000uF caps. For the bleeders use at least 6k8 1W. For the LEDs size the resistors for 2mA. So 22-27k is good. For the snubbers you need to use a Quasimodo jig and OScope. Or nominally pick 180R and 0.1uF as starting point. Hope that helps.

This board is one of those “tools” we have and we whip one up from scraps on our bench or parts bins/drawers. :)

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Off to locate a scope to purchase and grab some Gerber files for building a test jig

Or, don't worry about it - it's a minor effect. A very low cost scope option are the ones that are USB and use your PC for the screen, although, I just saw this and I might have to buy one evben though I have a conventional wall-plug bench style O-scope already. Great when you want a "floating" ground reference scope. 200kHz is slow so not sure it it will work for the Quasimodo which I think may require a tens of MHz scope.

WisTek DSO Shell Oscilloscope Full Assembled with BNC-Clip Cable Probe, 1MSa/s, 0-200KHz, 5mV/div Sensitivity and 2.4-inch Color TFT Display: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

But here is a pocket 1Mhz scope:
Cheffort Pocket-Sized Handheld Mini Digital Storage Oscilloscope 8MB Memory Storage 2 Channel 10MSa/s for Electronic Maintenance, Electronic Engineering: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Last edited: