• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

I received these today in the post, thanks again Tea-Bag!

I was just reading the manual and noticed the caution about not powering the unit up without a dummy load, is it a case that no load will cause the circuit to overload? I was planning to use one to power a USB DAC via an isolator board so a constant load cannot be guaranteed. Can you confirm if this will be an issue or not?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I received these today in the post, thanks again Tea-Bag!

I was just reading the manual and noticed the caution about not powering the unit up without a dummy load, is it a case that no load will cause the circuit to overload? I was planning to use one to power a USB DAC via an isolator board so a constant load cannot be guaranteed. Can you confirm if this will be an issue or not?

Its mainly about the four wire Kelvin connections to close circuit on a load for the testing. Else you will not be able to check Vout. Also, since the dummy creates some logical current draw, the sinks heat will be more representative. A constant load is not required during the real service life of the reg.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Mike I received my two boards a few days ago. Thanks! I did not open the package until yesterday bcs I was busy and I thought I knew the quality from building the proto anyway, but hey surprise, the production batch matte finish and symbols print quality are just in another league. Classy stuff. :up:

Salas - a friend/engineer asked this question re: Reflector-D's design:

"I hope this doesn't sound terribly silly, but why would it be especially well suited for digital? The shunt mosfet's impedance is going to be hard to keep low in the higher frequencies because of the gate capacitance requiring more drive than the mirror can provide. Looks great for the audio band though. I'd expect a BJT or cascode to work a bit better for high frequencies but can't get it to sim right."

It's beyond my experience to answer - hoping you can instruct.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If it tells something to him its low on 1/F noise, has 160uV RMS 20MHZ wide band noise, its flat output impedance goes up 3dB not before 280kHz. LM317 does that at 1KHZ for instance.

*Reflektor-D means a Reflektor version suited for digital voltage range BTW.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Package received.
Thank you!

your on list

Mike I received my two boards a few days ago. Thanks! I did not open the package until yesterday bcs I was busy and I thought I knew the quality from building the proto anyway, but hey surprise, the production batch matte finish and symbols print quality are just in another league. Classy stuff. :up:

I agree. The boards exceeded my expectations, although it did increase production time significantly.

Hi TeaBag,

I used the tracking number included in the Stamps email to check on the progress of the shipping. The last entry I found there was :

August 23, 2014 10:31:00 JAMAICA, NY 11430 PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

There wasn't an entry that indicated departure from that sorting facility. Should I be worried?