• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That's very good. Salas, how does that compare to a BiB?

Greg in Mississippi

BiB has a traditional error voltage amp stage, can have more grip on analogue gain circuits and more enthusiastic sound, can carry MKT-MKP, much wider Vo range, MOS/BJT output. On the other hand all that control and flexibility may not be of use for digital stuff as much as the relaxed evened out behavior between bandwidth, impedance and 1/F noise, of the even simpler Reflektor, which works like a single stage push pull between CCS and output. So in the builds thread one already said its preferable on Buffalo III indeed.

Boards finally arrived! :D

I'll have to agree with what's been posted before, the matte finish looks REALLY good; seems almost a shame to cover them up after.

Anyway, quick question : how much leeway do I have with the values for R2, R3, and R4? Could those be 100 ohms instead of 120? Alternatively, I could parallel two 270R resistors for each area, but that seems like such a waste...

Really looking forward to working on this on the weekend :D

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Boards finally arrived! :D

I'll have to agree with what's been posted before, the matte finish looks REALLY good; seems almost a shame to cover them up after.

Anyway, quick question : how much leeway do I have with the values for R2, R3, and R4? Could those be 100 ohms instead of 120? Alternatively, I could parallel two 270R resistors for each area, but that seems like such a waste...

Really looking forward to working on this on the weekend :D

100R acceptable. Lets keep further practical questions to the builds thread. For better future reference. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/261031-reflektor-d-builds-16.html

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay here is some addtional news on the current GB. Remember to sign up in spreadsheet first!!

The GB for the Salas board is open for payment up until 11:59PM EST 11-30-2014.

Payment is via PayPal invoice only. You will need to send me your paypal email via private message for me to start this process. Then I will invoice the parts you requested from the spreadsheet. If you reply to this email - cut out some of the existing text, otherwise the message is too big.;)

Customs forms
DO NOT ask for me to fudge up a customs form with really low amount. These are based on reasonable wholesale price.

Shipping
Continues to rise via USPS.
In general boards are a set costs, and mini kits are built into the shipping costs and larger full kits are 10.00 to ship. Starting price for shipping is 7.00 for just a small board and can rise from there.

Here is more details on the boards

Reflektor-D
Digital power supply board for 3.3-7V

GB Thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...ektor-d-power-supply-digital.html#post3974245

Board 16.00
Transistor Kit 10.00
Resistor Kit 7.50
Full Kit 44.00

IMG_23761.jpg

MiniKit BOM section. This links goes to full details of all the parts included in the kits and there respective positions on the board.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/741-salas-board-minikits-full-kits.html