• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

I have read posts talking about using the Reflector D for Buffalo III SE DACs, however, these DACs require ~500-550mA with their three on-board shunt regulators and the documentation for the Reflector D only shows current capability up to 450mA.

Am I correct in my assessment that the Reflector D will struggle powering the Buffalo III SE?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its been done at least twice in the builds thread, no worries. I just spec very conservatively. The sinks listed in the guide are next size bigger than in the protos already. Use 0.82R R1.

"Thought I'd chime in here. I've been running Reflektor's in two DAC's for the last month or so and I have to say - they've really elevated the performance of both. One is a Sabre build, with Reflektor's applied to the BIIIse DAC and the clocks on Acko's SO3 Isolator/Reclocker board. The other is a CS DAC with a Reflektor feeding the DAC."

MisterRogers