• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

Hi all,

For my r2r DAC from soekris I would like to build the Salas power supply for 7V.
But by looking at the google table to order the needed parts, I am a bit confused about
what are the right parts that I would need.
There are SSHV, Refelctor-D and SALAS-FSP sets, but what out of those is needed to build the
Salas Power supply unit ?

Could somebody help me out here ?

Thx Thomas

There are SSHV, Refelctor-D and SALAS-FSP sets, but what out of those is needed to build the

Hi Thomas,

I have not heard of a Salas FSP, but there is the Salas BiB LV (low voltage supply) which is perfectly suited for your needs, as well as the Reflektor-D which can also be built bipolar. SSHV is the high voltage variant of Salas' shunts.
Do not go further than Diyaudio member Teabag who runs all the respective Group Buys -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L6k7HAUnjGq9E8KBfIGz6SJ-vrsQGGyQrV-R8c4qBG0/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Hi all,

For my r2r DAC from soekris I would like to build the Salas power supply for 7V.
But by looking at the google table to order the needed parts, I am a bit confused about
what are the right parts that I would need.

Could somebody help me out here ?

Thx Thomas

R2R DAC from soekris takes 7-8V AC or you can build +/-12 V DC (Ive used this with r2r with no problem) for it too.

So two options

1: buy a 7-8V AC transformer
2: SSLV bipolar (2 boards)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
* one SSLV board has three hand breakable sections, two positive and a negative. Each section accepts a dedicated transformer secondary. 15+15VAC (four wires) 50VA transformer should cover +/-12VDC output. Choose Mosfet output power option and read the SSLV guide.

Soekris R2R

* one SSLV board has three hand breakable sections, two positive and a negative. Each section accepts a dedicated transformer secondary. 15+15VAC (four wires) 50VA transformer should cover +/-12VDC output. Choose Mosfet output power option and read the SSLV guide.

Salas,

what will difference between negative and positive schemas if we will take into account
the following info regarding Soekris r2r DAC?

Power Consumption
Positive Rail: .18A, 10V
Negative Rail: 0.06A, 10V
Total: 2.4W
The positive supply draw about 3 times as much current as the negative; the current is almost independent of input voltage.