• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Reflektor-D Power Supply for Digital

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Reflektor-D has its own on-board integrated raw PS section. Those raw DC boards are double mono bridge and main filter cap carriers for serving the Folded Simplistic Phono. They also got voltage dropping resistors places in case of too enthusiastic transformers and a fail safe resistive ground lift return path over yin yang 5A diodes. Following the phono's raw PSU example suggestion in its build guide. You can see one such board in use on the second picture of this post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/129126-simplistic-njfet-riaa-1287.html#post3985334

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This board seems popular enough that should be so. Always at Salas blessing of course.

Timelines are a little more unpredictable.;)

Mike, is there enough JFET stash in your hands to throw in Ref-D semis kit one extra? Just one small Idss non useful for several minikits positions K117GR?

It can be used instead of R6 also and it gives an interesting differentiation there for those who will like to hear and decide it given the variation of applications.

Reflektor-D has its own on-board integrated raw PS section. Those raw DC boards are double mono bridge and main filter cap carriers for serving the Folded Simplistic Phono. They also got voltage dropping resistors places in case of too enthusiastic transformers and a fail safe resistive ground lift return path over yin yang 5A diodes. Following the phono's raw PSU example suggestion in its build guide. You can see one such board in use on the second picture of this post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/129126-simplistic-njfet-riaa-1287.html#post3985334

thank you for reply Salas
I looked at Raw PS schematic and like to ask you why not a RC or CR filter
I thought at first that 5W resistance Is part of RC
do you recommend additional R to use for RC filter
regards

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mike, is there enough JFET stash in your hands to throw in Ref-D semis kit one extra? Just one small Idss non useful for several minikits positions K117GR?

It can be used instead of R6 also and it gives an interesting differentiation there for those who will like to hear and decide it given the variation of applications.

I only have high IDSS (based on sample) unmeasured one's left, and then not enough for every kit.
Maybe we can tweak kit for next run :) I also blew their Kit money on a low PPM CMF-55 dale for that 1K position :p

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I only have high IDSS (based on sample) unmeasured one's left, and then not enough for every kit.
Maybe we can tweak kit for next run :) I also blew their Kit money on a low PPM CMF-55 dale for that 1K position :p

Alright, this is what I meant schematically anyway. That would push the LEDS VF a little bit too if Idss>2mA maybe 0.1V for two greens and that must be kept in mind also. Some could have spares already and if a few will find it interesting we can find a future solution with a similar modern JFET also, no worries.

Attachments

• R6 mod detail.jpg
    R6 mod detail.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 774
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
thank you for reply Salas
I looked at Raw PS schematic and like to ask you why not a RC or CR filter
I thought at first that 5W resistance Is part of RC
do you recommend additional R to use for RC filter
regards

Its there between the bridge and filter reservoir cap because some Tx were going beyond 50V rectified despite spec so they created non useful input MOSFET sink temperature. It can cut some EMI as a side effect, but there is always subjective debate in using any kind of damping or electronic capacitance multipliers or chokes so I prefer not to carve in stone any extra filter for the raw DC config. If the mains and Tx give no more than 48VDC rectified, many use just a link or 1 Ohm.