Simple DSD SRC for BeagleBone

how many people have one of the DSD SRC boards working at this time
I'm using right now (and have been use last 4 monts); Chinese board (conversion to DSD128) in conjunction with AK4493 DAC from one of Russian engineers, and very satisfied
would rate the sound as opposed to something like HQ Player
Very similar to HQ Player sound at least to my ears (but not equal), definitely not too worse

(Already have bare PCB from ppy and going to solder DSD'it ASAP)

(sorry, have not found "reply with quote" button)

Last edited:
Adson, thank you sharing your listening impressions. Please let us know what you think about the sound when you get the new DSD SRC board working.

Regarding quoting, awhile ago the forum software changed and no longer supports one-click quoting of the last post. However, quoting still works the same as always for any posts before the last one.
Also, it turns out that a workaround is possible if quoting the last post is worth a little additional effort. The way it works is first click on the 'multi-quote' button (which has the " symbol on it) of the last post. Then click on the 'Reply' button for any post before the last one. Both posts will be quoted, then you can edit out whatever is not needed.

Hello Pavel, a question about the fubctionality of your DSDit board if i may.

I understand that incoming PCM data is upsampled to 176/192 KHz by the first AK4137 and that is then processed to DSD by the second AK4137. If the incoming data is DSD is it routed straight to the second AK4137 (for upsampling to higher rate DSD if necessary or perhaps pass through if it is already DSD256)?

Hi, let me resume some basic concepts, as I understand them, in order to plan a good audio system.
1. This SRC board makes the conversion PCM (16 or 24 bits, 44/48 or 88/96) to DSD256 very easy as is hardware-based. SQ is high. Optimal to be coupled with a DSD DAC like DSC 2.x
2. This system works at his best when interfaced with a Single Board Computer like Beaglebone Green (BBG), that receives audio stream through Ethernet cable. Advantages of this approach are multiple: (i) skip the USB interface, (ii) clean power supply of the conversion chain, (iii) optimized and streamlined OS, ...

3. This can be eventually adapted to work with USB - Amanero (and like) boards, with a unknown reduction in SQ.

Now a couple of questions:

Q1. As the PCM to DSD conversion is hardware based, can I use a light hardware music server (like an old PC with w7 - w10 or even a Raspberry Pi) ? But which player can I choose, related to network streaming (NS)?

Q2. Best alternatives? 1. HQplayer(PC)-NS-BBG-SRC-DSC2 2.Daphile(RPi)-USB-Amanero-SRC-DSC2. Other...

Please comment and give Your opinion ...

Fabrizio,
There is no reason why USB can't be just as clean, if not cleaner, as compared to a single board computer.

Apparently, one objection people have to USB is that it requires a cable, whereas Beaglebone (and similar) can potentially use wireless streaming (say, to play streaming music from a server in another room).

Also, an SBC can be used to make a small self-contained music player (without the need to tie up a whole PC).

Fabrizio,
There is no reason why USB can't be just as clean, if not cleaner, as compared to a single board computer.

Apparently, one objection people have to USB is that it requires a cable, whereas Beaglebone (and similar) can potentially use wireless streaming (say, to play streaming music from a server in another room).

Also, an SBC can be used to make a small self-contained music player (without the need to tie up a whole PC).

What's about a RPi4 with moodeaudio player (or similar) directly connected (through I2S bus) to the PPY's SRC board?