Simple DSD SRC for BeagleBone

Ok, the regular beaglebone black schematic shows +5v on pins 5 and 6 and digital ground on pins 1 and 2. I would think it would be the same on the antminer. The pins however will be hidden inside the dsdit connector.
There is a 2gb ddr3 chip on this version antminer board.

J1 can supply power to the AntMiner or the original Beaglebone.
On AntMiner RAM - 256 megabytes. This is quite enough for our tasks.

Attachments

• ak4137.png
    ak4137.png
    663.9 KB · Views: 468
J1 can supply power to the AntMiner or the original Beaglebone.
On AntMiner RAM - 256 megabytes. This is quite enough for our tasks.

Thank you that is very good to know. Well, I don't know much about this board yet is there more than one Ram chip on it? The chip that I referred to is just below the arm processor. It has a model number nt5cc128m16ip-di.

I think I see 2gb shown on the datasheet must be in bits. Well it shows how much I know about digital.
What is the best way to install Pure. Should I burn the pure image onto a micro sd card? I read somewhere that to boot from an sd card with BBB you have to press the boot button, but I see that the boot button is missing on the antminer board.

Hmm... I didn't expect this project to be interesting to so many people.:)
I found a very old version of DSC 2.7 on the shelf, washed it off the dust and for the third week now I have been listening to only DSD'it + DSC 2.7.
I like not being tied to HQPlayer. Now I have access to sound from any source.

Attachments

• 20201109_222834.jpg
    20201109_222834.jpg
    958.8 KB · Views: 570
The "Pure" firmware is a collection of network endpoints for various audio protocols..

Hi Pavel.

I did a couple of short tests with Pure firmware and a Khadas Tone Board.
Setup1) NAS Synology with loaded MinimServer/BubbleUpnp Server. BBB board with Khadas on USB and Lumin APP on iPhone. It works flawless (I just noticed some glitch/bump when switch from PCM/DSD tracks)

Setup2) I then configured Pure as HQP NAA. Khadas still on BB USB port, then main source is my HQP Desktop 3.25.6. It recognize BBB/Pure as a NAA but I'm unable to play any track. The board perfectly sounds when directly connected to HQP Desktop pc. Is there something I should look at?

PopUp sounds when switching DSD-PCM is a very sore subject. And it strongly depends on many parameters. Including how the format is changed on your UPNP server.

Pure firmware has automatic detection of USB/I2S output. But the default settings are I2S. You should connect the USB DAC to the BeagleBone and reload the firmware or double-switch the HQP->Roon->HQP format via the firmware web interface.
Then the output will be via USB. In HQP, you need to select a USB device:

Attachments

• 14-11-2020 19-27-48.png
    14-11-2020 19-27-48.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 505
Thanks Pavel as usual ... I did everything from scratch and now HQP perfectly see BBB as a NAA and sounds too. To be honest I now suspect that pops/bumps and malfunctions are caused by my Khadas dac that's has a very old firmware. No worries from my side, Khadas is just a "temporary" solution while waiting for DSD Src and DSC Stick!

I also used Pure on BBB as AirPlay client from iPhone and OSX and it works perfectly, cool!