Attachments

• IMG_8645.jpeg
    IMG_8645.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8646.jpeg
    IMG_8646.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 112
@stew1234

That’s make sense. No issues there then.

In what order are you turning on the power to each board? The Q7 must be power just before the DAC in order for the ESS controller to find DAC.
Have a look at Gabsters video here at around 55 min:

See if trouble shooting this helps in any way.
I too had this problem once.
Thanks that worked and also now realize ESS controller will not change inputs on the DDC so need to jumper or get a monitorpipro.

Nevermind I got it!
@miklau the secret was connecting the dac to the Q7 clean power output.
Because the routing was easier I connected the dac initially directly to the LifePo4/UcConditioner.
Switching it gave the dac the delay it needed! 👍🏻
Listening now!
Thank you all for your help.
Now to make this thing pretty on the outside!

Reactions: 2 users
Now I got isolatorPi ll to work with HDMIpi mk ll. I have read the user manuals many times. there it says that S1 switches are in the default setting ON.But they were not. I put them in off. then everything works. and sound

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpeg
    IMG_0931.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 1 users
Nevermind I got it!
@miklau the secret was connecting the dac to the Q7 clean power output.
Because the routing was easier I connected the dac initially directly to the LifePo4/UcConditioner.
Switching it gave the dac the delay it needed! 👍🏻
Listening now!
Thank you all for your help.
Now to make this thing pretty on the outside!
Excellent 🙂

Did you solve the jumper issue?

Have you tried measuring the voltage at j3 and j5 with the jumpers off?

Looking at you last picture the cabling of you master/slave on off control looks a bit off. I can’t see any on/off control cable connected between the bottom and top stack off your LinearPi’s.
Maybe you were just testing?

Reactions: 1 user
@miklau Ok got it
Jumpers and cables removed
I guess it just takes a bit longer for the Ess controller to load.
But it’s all good now!! 🙌🏻

Edit Nevermind
It was playing without the jumpers for like an hour then just turned off
Put the jumpers back on and it’s fine

Pic is showing the jumpers off and everything working.

Edit again.
Ok just seems to be a connection issue
All is well now.
Thanks you all.

Attachments

• IMG_8653.jpeg
    IMG_8653.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have built a flagship version of the Ian Canada streamer (with Station Pi Pro, FifoPi Q7 and TransportPi AES, LinearPi and UCconditioners) to drive my R2R DAC (LAB12 DAC1 SE+, based on eight TDA1453 chips).

I am toying with the idea of adding a ProtoDAC on top of the FifoPi Q7 (after having removed the TransportPi AES). In that case will I need an OPA861 board also, or is the OPA861 optional to drive my (passive) preamplifier?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9988.jpeg
    IMG_9988.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: 1 users
I recently completed building the Protodac, which functions well with my passive TVC preamp. However, I noticed that the volume output was somewhat low. To address this, I integrated a buffer stage with switchable 9db of gain following the preamp, utilizing the Universabuffer from Neurochrome (https://neurochrome.com/products/universal-buffer). Impressively transparent, it scarcely alters the sound quality,; well not that i can notice.

Curiosity led me to experiment further, and somewhat whimsically, I introduced a old Valve buffer stage from promethius audio between the DAC and the Passive Preamp, providing a 6dB gain. Although this addition imparts a slightly less detailed sound, it adds a pleasing warmth and character that appeals to me.

Reactions: 2 users