UcD Xlite Fullbridge PCB and Schematic

I've tried to build one of these, but i'm having problems trying to get it to start oscillating. Without load, it simply gets stuck (bootstrap led on - on a single halfbridge, no signal at output) With load (4-8ohms) it tries to oscillate, at about 800-900Khz but it either fails when an input signal is applied or simply by itself after some time. Trying to increase the capacitors in the feedback loop doesn't seem to affect it.

send HD pictures and schematic

I've attached a photo of the board.
Since I had some problems with pcbway, they offered me some free stuff, so I got ahead and ordered a 6 layered matte black enig board :D. The pcb is my design, the schematic is the one the OP posted in the first post. A couple of small modifications were made:

- 2 pairs of IRFP4227 per halfbridge
- added some trim resistors to accurately set dead time.
The additional layers are used for power/gnd planes.
The output coils are T157-2 (Micrometals) about 50 turns each.

I've previously made the half bridge version of this schematic, that worked, I guess i'm missing something here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_094331.jpg
    IMG_20200321_094331.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 803
Last edited:
Since I had some problems with pcbway, they offered me some free stuff, so I got ahead and ordered a 6 layered matte black enig board :D. The pcb is my design, the schematic is the one the OP posted in the first post. A couple of small modifications were made:

I've previously made the half bridge version of this schematic, that worked, I guess i'm missing something here.

Im shocked this is very poor PCB Design

Your design look like Class AB amplifier, this amp will not work stable or never !!!

You get verything what you dont want ! Parasitic Induction, Switching losses and so on

Please add schmatic from your PCB to compare latest design

Im shocked this is very poor PCB Design

Your design look like Class AB amplifier, this amp will not work stable or never !!!

You get verything what you dont want ! Parasitic Induction, Switching losses and so on

Please add schmatic from your PCB to compare latest design

Fullbridge same schematic Working

look PIC and PCB Desigb

3000W Programm POWER

1800W RMS POWER

Attachments

• Xlite1.jpg
    Xlite1.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 728
  • Xlite12.jpg
    Xlite12.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 713
  • Xlite123.jpg
    Xlite123.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 687
this is a test pcb not intented to be used in a final product or God forsake, be sold.
It's one of my first class D designs made in a hurry not to catch the Chinese coronavirus situation.
I know it has it's flaws.
However, ucd designs will oscillate even when made on a breadboard with TH parts and jumpers, this should at least start.
I'm trying to figure how to troubleshoot it, given my lack of experience in class D or high speed switching circuits.
I don't intend to pull 500-1000-1800W from it.

At this moment I don't have access to the computer where my schematic was drawn, but basically it's the one in the first post of this thread with the modifications stated above. I tried to add a overcurrent protection (the same that was added in the half bridge design, with rail sensing and the 555 circuit) but on this board it is disabled (removed parts).

I'm trying to figure how to troubleshoot it, given my lack of experience in class D or high speed switching circuits.

I don't intend to pull 500-1000-1800W from it.

At this moment I don't have access to the computer where my schematic was drawn, but basically it's the one in the first post of this thread with the modifications stated above

It doesnt matter to get 1800W or 200W if PCB design have no flaws

If PCB Design have flaws also 100W will not working stable or never.

Lest start with your schematic, please post it.

My picture is exactly same schematic and amp which you have designed.

Lets check first for flaws in your schematic.

Finally, If you have no design flaws, its easy to get same output power

I can't get to the computer at work, since that place is in a shopping center under lockdown due to the epidemic.
I found a version of the schematic on my computer, I've attached a pdf of it. It has all the values of the components on the actual board.

The imput opamp is not a 5532 but a tl072 like in original schematic.

Attachments

• sch.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 590
I can't get to the computer at work, since that place is in a shopping center under lockdown due to the epidemic.
I found a version of the schematic on my computer, I've attached a pdf of it. It has all the values of the components on the actual board.

The imput opamp is not a 5532 but a tl072 like in original schematic.

hi mbogdan and nmos thanks for sharing , how is the hf noise issue? is the layout silent? is the schematic correct ?

hi mbogdan and nmos thanks for sharing , how is the hf noise issue? is the layout silent? is the schematic correct ?

there is no noise stewin and very stable i have run +-88.7 vdc but not discrete version, kartino have 2 version of amp, full discrete another one is ir2110, so because i dont want too many component lol, so i do the ir2110 version one. This amp have perfect protection, dc, OCP, clip, signal, delay on. this is perfect design.

d1kproB.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
there is no noise stewin and very stable i have run +-88.7 vdc but not discrete version, kartino have 2 version of amp, full discrete another one is ir2110, so because i dont want too many component lol, so i do the ir2110 version one. This amp have perfect protection, dc, OCP, clip, signal, delay on. this is perfect design.

View attachment 831349

Nice work Norazmi
Good to see you here also.
Your core 3.3cm single will allow output appx 400W max. Use double core will allow output up to 1000W easily.

Discrete version is UcD.
So actually it has very different color. Both are OK

Disabled Account
Joined 2005

Stewin, NVMOS is correct for your pcb review.
Try contact Wahyu Eko Romadhon. Mayne you can order sample so you can learn the correct pcn design.

He has youtube channel, and he post many his works based on my schematics.