TPA3116D2 Amp

Hi I tried everything to get rid of buzz and hiss on my 2 x 100w tpa3116 amp and found the problem to be laptop type 19v power supplies.
In the end I made my own power supply using 15v 30VA transformer 4 amp rectifier with some capacitors it gives me 22v DC.
Amp is now silent.
You could try it on a battery first to see if its power supply problem I tried it on a car battery first.

Thanks Dave, I'm still battling with a buzz that's evident at higher volume. I'll certainly try the battery option - I have a few 12V 7Ah batteries available for testing.

Is you your source grounded (PC/modern laptop)? Does your amp's power supply use ground/PE wire? If so, you may want to try connecting the amp with the fake single-ended outputs -> balanced inputs connection. That's what the balanced inputs are for - eliminating ground loop effects.

I'm using a fairly recent HP Pavilion laptop as the source, I assume it's grounded but I could be wrong.

The power supply for the amp is not grounded and I haven't checked where to connect ground - it's one of these:

AC Converter 110v 220v to 12V MAX 8A 100W Regulated Transformer LED Power Supply | eBay

I'm using a fairly recent HP Pavilion laptop as the source, I assume it's grounded but I could be wrong.

The power supply for the amp is not grounded

That combination should not produce a standard ground loop as the amp is not grounded. Still the Y-capacitor in the 24V PSU does leak quite a bit of noise. I can see it on my measurement results when my class-I scope is hooked to a class-II measurement computer - no "real" ground loop, yet the measurement gets way worse.

Even in this case I would try the SE-balanced connection. It may work surprises.

I recently bought 2.1 channel TPA3116D2 board, almost like this one:

New 2x50W +100W 2.1 Channel Digital Subwoofer Power Amplifier Board TPA3116D2 699903978280 | eBay

And it has a lot of buzz and hiss with any switching power supply, and if I connect it to old style transformer power supply, it all was gone, but since transformer was no go for me, I tried a lot of things, and finally found a solution - soldered 1uf ceramic capacitor with short leads directly to 4 and 8 pins of rightmost IC in 8 pin case (as shown on ebay listing picture). All buzz and hiss had gone now!

CuriousOne, I agree that a radical way to reduce noise of class D + PowerSupply is a 60Hz trafo+diodes but not any SMPS so crappy as you expect yet. I have TPA3116 based 2-way(bi-amping) studio monitor project, with DSP ADAU1701 as a preamp, which has S/N = -104db(A) at tweeter output. The SMPS onboard is almost trivial quasi-resonant flyback with spike recuperation. I don't believe if 60Hz trafo, instead that SMPS, may improve S/N for single one db ;)

(35V-24V)*5A=55W of power wasted on linear regulator. Why you should do that?

For the power supplies for amplifiers, I usually hunt for transformers from old UPS-es. In general, they have two secondary windings with 7.5V AC and 5-15A current. Connect them in series and you will get 15VAC, which is about 20VDC and is great for most class D amps. If you can get UPS which used 24V battery, it will have 2x15VAC windings, which means you can use more powerful Class D amplifiers, which require +-20V and more voltage to operate.