My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Measured the L20D board for temp while music was playing using a DVM with thermocouple. I'm using linear supply +-63VDC and 4ohm rated speakers (speakers' impedance actually dip to 4ohms only at 100-150hz, most of the time they're above 6ohms for other frequencies).

Heatsink - 45degC
1.1K resistors (one of them beside LED) - 80degC
2.2K resistor (beside D669) - 100degC

This is with the chassis cover removed, and readings may go up another 10degC with cover in place.

Are these resistor temps too high, should higher wattage ones be used instead?

LJM,

The 2K2/1W resistor next to the D669 gets very hot and changing color on both boards even at idle. What should I change? Remember I'm running +/-70V.

B: yes, I also found this phenomenon, in some time ago I this a few resistance are replaced by 2 W power.

In the IRAUDAMP7S IR noted in 2K2/1 W apparently is not so correct, because the resistance the power consumption of the above about 1.3 W.

If you are some time before buying it, I suggest that you put the two resistance to change is 2 K2/2 W.

If no hav, please contact suppliers, I can send you a few.
:p

Last edited:
Now I have resistance change for 2 W power, military quality metal oxide film type.

It has a small change in temperature.

Today some L20 D I start with speakers as a test.
+ 77 V 4 OHM. Good work and almost no temperature.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,596
My 2.2k resistor is beginning to discolor after 1 day. Will be asking Zoe Tsang for a 2 watter as E14 doesn't carry this part.

Try changing the input DC blocking cap as well. Since my present sources are AC coupled, I shorted the input cap just to hear the difference. Significant gains - signal is just so much cleaner and less colored. Ymmv as some prefer the color of caps, in which case roll out your fave caps :)

My preamp mounted an 0,47uf teflon caps and 1Mohms parallel resistor in output, is possible bypass a electrolitics caps of 22uf mounted in L20D input for a best sound?

I'm sorry I'm not quite understand your meaning.

L20D input capacitance can't cancel, also do not have to change.

The capacitance of the quality is very good, even more than the IR company provide the IRAUDAMP7S above the capacitance

Last edited:
I am listening to the L20D now with the input caps shorted, and it's not only working but sounding mighty fine across the entire freq range, giving more extended and detailed top end.

The input cap forms a high pass filter with the input 3.3K and this imposes a low freq cutoff, but no cap means no cutoff, no? :)

What am I missing - why is the input cap mandatory if my source is AC coupled?

I am listening to the L20D now with the input caps shorted, and it's not only working but sounding mighty fine across the entire freq range, giving more extended and detailed top end.

The input cap forms a high pass filter with the input 3.3K and this imposes a low freq cutoff, but no cap means no cutoff, no? :)

What am I missing - why is the input cap mandatory if my source is AC coupled?

Amazing.

If you can use if you are free to use.

But I am not very suggested that such, it gives some dangerous.
:p