DIY Nixie Tube Display for turntable tachometer

I finished my build. It looks awesome. Thank you Pyramid for your excellent design and valuable support.

YouTube

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
Oh.., I blamed my sketch changing RPMs too rapidly and too far apart, but I observed that behave without playing record. When I stared to play record, apparently my TT speed was way off and tacho presented right values. So, I have some issue with my SG4 setup. Did not measured with scope anything yet, but is seems that I have some oscillations issue. Even during one turn, I hear how pitch is going off. Speed changes to too high value (33.8) and rapidly going way too low (32.5). Vouts are still same on my front panel meters (117VAC). Frequency set is still steady on 7 segment display. Any advice (might some members already have same issue in the past and fixed it) is also welcome.

Cleaned all components related to TT rotation and I dropped new belt. Lubricated all relevant parts.
Still same issue. Will go back to the relevant thread and will use scope to see what is going on in my SG4 box. So, tacho is totally fine and presenting absolutely correct RPM info.

I now have all of my parts from DigiKey and the PCB from @alexkosha (thanks again!). Haven’t heard anything from Taylor Electoenics concerning my HV supply order. Hopefully they are still fulfilling orders. I PM’d Seth and he said he would check on doing up the uP. So I’ll populate the board and cross my fingers.

I have @Pyramid’s tach sensor from OshPark ready to go but haven’t done any work on the Arduino tach. Should I start there?