Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I got the Eagle double channel blueprint but don't pay attention to designations

Attachments

• L+R.png
    L+R.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 557
Joined 2015
Paid Member
Merci beaucoup. Mine don't look like that datasheet though, there isn't the 45 degree notch in one corner, see attached photo.

It's allright, it's the N of the old Nec Logo with the stylised N embossed on left (pin1).
Be carefull when soldering, the pcb layout is mirrored between left and right channel of the board. Upa on left has pin 1 on left and Upa on right is reversed (180° rotation), pin 1 on right (relative to top / front view of the board).
See Teabag's blog : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/1340-salas-dcg-3-preamplifier-dcstb-power-supply.html

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Ah right, thanks again. So the left pin in my photo is 1D on the PCB, just to be sure.

Thanks for the link to Tea-Bag's blog too - I looked for it yesterday but only found his Group Buy blog.

1D : not sure, I do not have the pcb under my hand and photos are'nt good quality enough, but pin 1 are identified by the white marker on silkscreen.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
1D= Drain one

Left hand channel's μPA faces the inputs/outputs connectors, right hand channel's μPA faces the MOSFETS. That's how they should be populating the board.

In other words: Where the pin designations on the silkscreen are, each chip's type & logo printed face should also be.