Zv9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
=,003% THD is a pretty good acheivement for a single stage amplifier! Personally I cant detect distortions at that level. If someone claims they can, well let them suit themselves;) If you were to have like 0,0003 I wouldnt be able to hear the difference:) What NP did achieve with the ZenV9 is pretty amazing to me:cool:

Steen:cool:

I meant on
The balanced input would be welcomed though

my comment was just expression that I agree with you;
I just forget to delete unnecessary quote

balanced is nice to have,but only when you gain some benefits with that

when not-than it's over engineering
;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: over engineering?

carpenter said:
Other than my Harmon Kardon receiver, my entire system is balanced. To go single ended at this point would be plain silly.

John:D

like I said
balanced is nice to have,but only when you gain some benefits with that

in your case -you gain some benefits

I spent muucho working hours in pro area,where every inch of audio paths is balanced......nothing new to me

matter of approach,in home environment

you choose yours approach :clown:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This amp is a logical one to build these days. BUT , a lot of us will be building the balanced XBOSOZ that Kari and Coulomb have produced boards and parts for.

What's the best way to use them together? The BOSOZ does work even if not balanced, but has better performance with balanced.

In my case a have an unbalanced output from my CD player which the BOSOZ is very good at converting to balanced, but why if the subsequent amp isn't balanced?

If the XBOSOZ is run unbalanced is it still a great performer?

Anyway, this ZV9 has sure turned everything around!

Balanced? I do notice a difference...

Maybe it's the wallop I get from my subs during a bass slam. I have a 12 foot x 7 foot projection screen and it takes big sound to compete with the image. I watched the best movie last weekend. "House of flying daggers". That drum scene is a blast to listen to on a large system. Ummm! Balanced!:hbeat: And that lovely actress who made the scene... wonderful :film:

Good lord, it's Friday! :joker: :cheers: :sing: and I've decided to build the ZV7-T. Mouser to the rescue.:D

John:)

Saturday morning

Hi all,

I've been playing with the "cut and paste" buttons. Can anyone tell me if this circuit will work?

John:xeye:

Attachments

• b-zvt-9_thumb1.jpg
    b-zvt-9_thumb1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,255
I'm getting ready to order parts for this amp and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good output cap for this amp. I know it needs to be 10,000uF, but what voltage should I go with? And where can I buy a cap like this, I'm having a bit of trouble finding one that's appropriate.

Thanks for your help.
thrice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.