• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

Well, Dante-to-analogue converters exist. Perhaps it’s possible to get to I2S too.

My bet would be that the license for Dante would add a lot to the cost of the board, and it’s a rare use case outside of professional audio.

I usually use the analogue inputs on the Powersoft amps, but have played with Dante Virtual Soundcard a bit and found it to be very powerful. Armonia (Powersoft control software) and audio down a single cable? Yes please!

Chris

I've finalized the AIO4CH firmware with compatitiblity for the V2.1.0 configtool.
To get a copy, send a mail to info@zoudio.com
It will be included by default on the next configtool release.

@Infinity656 I'm trying to work out a deal with a Qualcomm BT developer, but at the moment the quotes are too high to be viable.
I'm trying to find out ways to make it work, but there is no active release plan.

In other news:
I've received a new batch of fully assembled amplifiers, all orders that are currently open will be shipped before the end of next week.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm fully aware of all those tools, and have used part of them for the current firmware. However, TWS, which is now called ShareMe and can link up to 100 modules together, requires much more than just 'enabling' the feature. It seems to requires an extensive amount of written code in the background.

The bluetooth module used is the BTM331, but you don't need to know the pinout, because the USB port is already available via the USB-port on the AIO438. Feel free to play around with all the ADK's/MDK's yourself and see what's possible.

Exposed usb to the chip is awsome. Idk if you have seen this file or have any better documentation, but here is guide how to implement ShareMe on a older module. Not sure if it is any good. I would love to help and bring this feature up. Unfortunately I don't have the AIO438 yet. I was waiting for the TWS feature before I pull the trigger.

Attachments

• CS-315735-DC-2-How to implement shareme in ADK3.0 (1).pdf
    745.9 KB · Views: 121
A google search "bluetooth pair multiple" says BT devices can pair to multiple receivers. If so, why couldnt your BT phone pair to two Zoudio amps? Then its just a matter of setting all channels either left or right in the UI setup.

I see they dont mention the detail of time syncronized reception. The idea that one receiver pairs, then transmits a second signal to the second receiver seems like such a workaround to me. For what, I dont know - maybe the potential time sync issue?

A week later than PostNL predicted, the amp + plate arrived, and I've had a bit of time to play. I must congratulate lutkeveld on releasing a nice product. It's performing as well as I'd hoped, and the DSP is ample for doing what I was looking for. I've been using a 19V laptop power supply to run the amp, and that's worked well so far. The next step will be to buy up some batteries and build a proper speaker cabinet.

There are a couple of features that I think would be nice-to-have, but this should be considered as me finding tiny problems with an otherwise-excellent bit of kit.

• Option to choose the level at which the "high volume" settings are applied. For example, at -6dB, I might wish to have an excursion-saving -6dB bass cut. Or I might wish for a "loudness" setting at very low volumes.
  • The ability to read current amp settings.
  • Perhaps a USB-C port on the plate itself, so that settings may be adjusted easily at a later date.
  • A jumper to remove to use an external antenna, rather than removing a small SMD resistor. Fortunately, I work in a place where SMD rework is common and it'll be an easy job.

I'm looking forward to assembling and testing the final version.

Cheers,
Chris

Reactions: 1 user
A google search "bluetooth pair multiple" says BT devices can pair to multiple receivers. If so, why couldnt your BT phone pair to two Zoudio amps? Then its just a matter of setting all channels either left or right in the UI setup.

I see they dont mention the detail of time syncronized reception. The idea that one receiver pairs, then transmits a second signal to the second receiver seems like such a workaround to me. For what, I dont know - maybe the potential time sync issue?
I researched this and found that it is possible, but your phone has to be able to do it.
AFAIK only Samsung has an option called "Dual Audio" and it's only available on their premium devices.

dual channel into DVC makes sense.
I'm still a bit unclear on the voltage outputs of this amp though.
"parallel bridge" will only get me the voltage swing of one channel, with better thermal limits, correct?
but will a DVC driver (of any impedance) fed with dual channel will get me double the voltage?
there's a Dayton 8+8ohm 10" woofer SD270A-88 that could work for me

Parallel bridge doubles the current, as the amplifier is limited to ~24V swing - so the only way to get more power is to double up the current capacity and load that capacity with an impedance that can make use of it w.r.t the ~24V supply.

A DVC driver doubles the force on the cone, via the second motor winding having the same current as the first. It's electrical current that forces the cone movement. For myself, I'd rather have two smaller currents running around in the wiring - with the addition taking place in the speaker motor structure - than one big current.

Reactions: 1 user
re: the Zoudio amplifier and a DVC woofer - just wire the voice coils in parallel to drop the impedance as low as possible - then the amplifier can make better use of the increased current output of the "bridged" output. (ie: 2 ohms would be a better fit than 8 ohms for a 4 ohm DVC woofer.)

I have set up the 4CH 438 board, driving a pair of bookshelf speakers with 5" midbass driver and soft-dome tweeter, both made by Morel, in a sealed box, using the board as 2-way active x-over.
Some comments:
  1. I started with the board powered by a Lenovo 65W laptop charger, worked fine.
  2. I have then switched to a custom-made 23V power supply made by Teddy Pardo, the result is simply stunning, with impressive dynamics and finesse.
  3. Applying a low bass shelf filter, negates the use of bass ports, and makes for a better low frequency punch.
  4. To be on the safe side, I have applied for a high-pass filter at 35Hz, which seems to protect the drivers from overdrive.
  5. The volume pot is not necessary, as the system gain is not very high, and setting it to start at 0dB works for all situations.
  6. It would be nice to have the board start without the pushbutton - just apply a power-up sequence and start playing without pressing anything.
Will post more as I play along.
Yair

Reactions: 1 users
The AIO438 onboard antenna doesn't really work that well, since it cuts off sound if the amp is in any kind of enclosed space (i.e enclosure etc).
As such, I'd like to try and remove R34 as advised, and connect the external antenna. But I just noticed it doesn't come with this amp like it did with the AIO4CH.

Is there any possibility to order just an antenna?