XSA Labs TL Speaker

To get an idea of the small size, despite what he say it has powerful bass (and it has foam on it).

Jay-Galion-Voyager-TL.png

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for posting the Voyager TL crossover. This is an excellent thread. I now have a pair which just arrived from Galion audio.

As DIY’er myself I will be tempted to open it up and experiment with crossover components. Do you think putting a Jantzen superior z-cap on the tweeter makes for a material improvement over the Galion branded cap? The binding posts on this speaker feel expensive, very nice!

Paul

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thank you for posting the Voyager TL crossover. This is an excellent thread. I now have a pair which just arrived from Galion audio.

As DIY’er myself I will be tempted to open it up and experiment with crossover components. Do you think putting a Jantzen superior z-cap on the tweeter makes for a material improvement over the Galion branded cap? The binding posts on this speaker feel expensive, very nice!

Paul
The custom made film caps in there are just as good if not better than Jantzen’s and Thomas has a Jupiter Vitamin-Q oil in paper bypass cap on the tweeter. I don’t think you will find much room for improvement.

Glad you like the binding posts - those are premium Viborg’s and mounted on custom CNC aluminum binding post plate.

I don’t think I ever published the crossover for this speaker as it’s a commercial product.

1711228949190.jpeg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
🔥GALION VOYAGER TL - TRUE TO ANALOG !!!

That was a nice review and I’m glad he saw the quality of the crossover and cabinet. The cabinet is thin because it is a TL and there is naturally built in bracing from the TL channels. So no need to make it thick wood. Also, the thinness mimics the 9mm walls and 18mm baffle is similar in construction to the Vanguard (which is a modern take on the LS.3/5A - also with similar wall thickness birch plywood).