What’s this Amps 8 ohm RMS? Help

@Galu the controller works fine must been bad connections before, can you please explain how gain works… if a amp can give only 175watts rms and a subwoofer can handle 200watts… so the gain don’t increase the watts coz it can’t go passed 175watts… it increases the strength of the single so how would that work?

There are two types of gain, voltage gain and power gain.

A preamplifier stage boosts the input signal until its voltage is large enough to operate the power amplifier stage - that's called voltage gain.

The power amplifier stage then adds the power (voltage and current) required to drive the subwoofer - that's called power gain.

In your situation, the amplifier can supply a maximum of 175 W of power to the subwoofer.

It should be obvious that the subwoofer can output no more power than the amplifier is capable of delivering to it.

The 200 W maximum rating of your subwoofer provides a safety margin that will help prevent the sub being overloaded by the full output of the amplifier.

In practice, your amplifier will be delivering much less than 175 W to your subwoofer at normal listening levels.

Does this answer your question?

It kinda does, the amp gain settings next to lpf and hpf and bass eq… let’s say I set my gain to max it won’t give more then 175watt I mean I can’t right? But why’s the worst thing that will happen because no where it properly explains it… sure clipping but is that the only thing will clipping damage the speaker? If not then I can set the gains to whatever I like because it won’t damage the speaker right? I mean it’s my first sub I actually bought and been a while since I played with one… and that was years ago when I didn’t even know about anything amps settings and so on lol… but like you said 175watts amp can’t blow my sub if it’s 200watt Am I right? The little boy is loud :)

let’s say I set my gain to max it won’t give more then 175watt I mean I can’t right?

Quite right, the amp can't give more than 175 W.

If the gain is set too high you will overload the power stage with the input signal. A bass waveform peak can't exceed the voltage of the power supply and will have its top clipped off, meaning the waveform becomes distorted.

Use only as much gain as is necessary to ensure clean, undistorted bass reproduction. If the amp runs into clipping you should hear the distortion and should know to turn the gain down.

175watts amp can’t blow my sub if it’s 200watt Am I right?

Most of the amplifier power produces heat in the subwoofer's voice coil rather than sound (typically only 1% to 2% goes towards producing sound).

Continual operation at maximum amplifier power output could overheat the voice coil and possibly destroy the subwoofer.

However, if you operate at sensible listening levels, the amplifier need not output anywhere near its maximum power.

Just don't crank up the volume in order to "see how loud it will go"! :eek:

The little boy is loud :)

The subwoofer obviously produces a lot of sound per watt of amplifier power, which means you are extremely unlikely ever to need the full 175 W!

little update
81C831EB-3DEC-4C24-BB00-210F2EF1647C.jpeg
BB56BAA1-7B75-4248-ADA7-6CCE97AF8119.jpeg

Well it’s really great at the moment I got the gains set and the Lpf on the right spot, so it works great with the other amp no latency just great, lol on a side note I broke the small amps headphone jack so I only got my new small amp today at 9pm 😫😫 didn’t listen to music for a week can’t wait for tomorrow 😎.

For the engraving, it’s called fractal burning REALLY DANGEROUS STUFF SHOULD NO TRY UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, it uses a microwave transformer converting 240v to about 3,000-5,000volts making the wood conductive with some water and bicarb which gives these cool looking burns, after that I fill the burns with epoxy to give it some colour, but you can find some stuff on YouTube if you search fractal wood burning.

Once am finished with this box am thinking of doing a simpler sub box with amp and these engraving art/details and try list it on some websites, I haven’t seen any sub boxes looking like that, also these engraving are always different 😁.

I have couple pics of the of the cedar wood that il be using on the corners to hide the screws and the ply edge.

Also pics don’t show what I see, in the pictures it may look really nice but in person it’s on other level 😎
79C1F34A-6419-4053-BC7B-291D9A1C1E55.jpeg
A0F96EBF-0472-4DD2-BB5E-3AD17A2C2F9D.jpeg
4D947FB0-1E68-41A7-8180-90B54BA213A7.jpeg
79BBF135-5172-41E6-898C-E014DF2E0DF5.jpeg
F038C3A9-0E2C-4B4D-BCFF-E91460C0CE44.jpeg
E1782E33-259E-4144-91D8-0D05A609625F.jpeg

"Fractal" was the word that came to my mind on first viewing your artwork.

My elder son, who is arty, recognised the technique and told me how dangerous it was before I got to read out your description to him!

The engraving has produced a lovely effect on the cedar wood and, as you say, every pattern is unique. :cool:

There is no safe way to do this artwork short of using a galvanically isolated robotic machine, the voltage and power levels in the presence of liquid electrolytes are stupidly dangerous and have killed and maimed many people... There are no gloves or PPE that can protect you from kV shocks and arc-flash when drenched in salty water spray generated. You might as well take a walk across a mine-field or go to the bottom of the ocean in a carbon-fibre cylinder - your days become numbered. Big Clive's warning video:

If you do your research the main cause of death is people removing the transformer, which is the high voltage capacitor in the microwave, even if it’s left un used still may be charged to a high voltage, for the transformer if you use a pedal and switches to make it safe as you can, I DONT RECOMMEND TO DO THIS, I done my research I used plenty of times and am here writing this :)

I'm sure all the victims thought exactly the same before things went wrong, hubris is rife, any attempt at a risk assessment would identify many routes to death, with very few viable mitigations - high voltage at high power, salt solutions and humans do not mix, end of story. Remove any one of them and it might be feasible, so galvanically isolated remote manipulation could be one way to make it actually safe.

However its much safer (and contollable) to laser cut a veneer into whatever pattern you like, or laser-etch into solid wood. You can get symmetrical speakers that way too.