What did you last repair?

It can be done, there are programs to reset the printers, small apps really. Less than 5 MB.
You can reset the counters in the printer and the cartridge.

And here we get equivalent cartridges for HP, Canon and Epson, much cheaper then the original.

Put your printer model number, and you should get a hit.
Careful, some of the sites are dangerous.

The middle rotating sprayer in our GE dishwasher. Turned a few times too many, was quite loose at the joint / spin axis where the water comes in. Ground down a bit on the plastic, has a longer screw and a different, unfortunately not stainless, washer now - I can tighten it to bind. I loosen it to just free. It works - turns and sprays - again. How do I know? Sound it makes when running, dishes are clean.

The middle rotating sprayer in our GE dishwasher. Turned a few times too many, was quite loose at the joint / spin axis where the water comes in. Ground down a bit on the plastic, has a longer screw and a different, unfortunately not stainless, washer now - I can tighten it to bind. I loosen it to just free. It works - turns and sprays - again. How do I know? Sound it makes when running, dishes are clean.
I had similar on an old dishwasher.
Coarse plastic thread had stripped.
Winding a length of copper wire spring fashion around the plastic spindle created a new thread. Small hole drilled at start & finish to thread the wire ends through to secure.

Added a wire mesh of 3/8 x 1/2" or so to my window a/c, the grill on the coil side was 2" x 1". Tied with wire to the existing grill.

Squirrel nest inside, made with threads from a mop, and damaged wire to the compressor.
Now their ingress is stopped, hopefully they will not cut the wire mesh and get inside.

One adult died, caught in the fan, baby escaped later from my room.
Hope no others can get past the wire mesh.
No other way except louvers, those are too small for them.
Put moth balls and chilies to deter them.
Tobacco, later in a pouch. Smell is not liked.

Need something that will smell for a long time in 45 Celsius.
Suggestions?

Wire mesh didnt stop them from getting into our attic. They just made a hole in it and did it again. When we replaced our roof due to hail damage we sealed up the end gable entirely and installed a ridge vent system.

The only thing that slowed the rodent damage in the shop (too many points of entry) was a snake.

Reactions: 1 user
Today, I replaced a cheap DAC with my previous one that I thought had snuffed it but it was a bad switch. It's a better DAC.

I matched some signal levels in the system, too. And I found the 6E2 meters were wired RL instead of LR. Now I get to attenuate a gain stage to match the final level.

My next project will be to make the line stage line/HP switchable (hot or cold biasing for line or HP), and to possibly add gain to the phono stage.

Today I learned that full digital output from the DEQ2496 is 3.1VRMS... 0 VU is only 1.228VRMS... I was wondering why the meters were ranging :)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Recapped and retubed a Mac Mx110. I had not aligned a tuner in many years.
A 2.2 G spectrum analyzer and tracking generator made it easy.

Attachments

• E88C18D1-52C8-4C33-A912-3BFE32159D6D.jpeg
    E88C18D1-52C8-4C33-A912-3BFE32159D6D.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 62
Recapped and retubed a Mac Mx110. I had not aligned a tuner in many years.
A 2.2 G spectrum analyzer and tracking generator made it easy.
I had 2 of those 110's here for service - the older 110 with the thumbwheel balance instead of the knob like yours.
Both were in bad butchered shape, and flaking paint on the glass panels.
I didn't waste my time with them, thank god the owner picked them off to pawn on some other sucker.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don’t understand the interest in them but for a friend it was fun. He has two of them this one was a little rough but works well.
The RIAA was +- .25 db and the rest in spec. I would think most people wouldn’t want to pay what the real cost should be.
6D10 and 6U8 seem odd for audio, but I don’t know tubes very well. A couple of days in school on them was worthwhile it turns out.

Escape? He/she’s got no intention of leaving. There is no shortage of rodents around here. But since that five footer moved into the shop there has been less rodent damage. Holes in cardboard boxes, nests inside speakers, corrosion from pee on my aluminum sheet stock and heat sinks - that sort of thing. I still see the sheds from time to time - it is one big son of a &!+(#. I’m pretty sure the same one ventures outside - caught him climbing a ladder up against the house a few years back.

Reactions: 1 user