What are you Watching?

I'm revisiting one of my favorite trilogies on Blu-ray; I'm about half way through it (one film per two nights) ::

12237_large.jpg

* Comment (technical and film replay value): Five point five stars out of five, all across the board.
If this would be new I would write an encyclopedia about it; another time perhaps, when I get more time in my life.

Friday night, no decent live music in this podunk town, so it's old school greatest hits here - one ep each of Buffy, Cowboy Bebop, and Firefly, then switching to music (see that other thread, heh) until I doze off in the sweet spot. :)

-- Jim, living on the edge again.

EDIT: Just remembered this is Saturday night. Never mind. (Good God...)

Last edited:
Friday night, no decent live music in this podunk town, so it's old school greatest hits here - one ep each of Buffy, Cowboy Bebop, and Firefly, then switching to music (see that other thread, heh) until I doze off in the sweet spot. :)

-- Jim, living on the edge again.

He he, it's hip to be square!

I like the Sky Arts channels as they have a lot of music documentaries, so does BBC4 if you don't have Sky.

I've got really into Criminal Minds again recently. It's about FBI psychological profilers who psychoanalyze crime scenes to get inside the minds of disturbed criminals, mostly serial killers, in order to catch them.

Gordon.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The Signal,

A very weird film..

Just watched Alien again..I still find that film quite scary..more so than the others in the set..

The iris doors...its right there..I can't see anything..its there I'm telling you... :D

Another weird one under the skin..I didn't get it really..:D

Goo in a room...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Watched a great music documentary last night about The Doors.
It brought back a lot of memories from my youth as the band I was in back then, kept trying but not quite managing to play the long version of Light my Fire! We did quite a good rendition of Riders on the Storm though the vocals were a bit dodgy, sung by the guitar players brother in a broad Glaswegian accent!
LA Women was a great record, I need to get a copy. I have a vinyl copy of their eponomous first album, great stuff, great memories!

Gordon.

Watched: The Devils Knot A film based on a real miscarriage of justice in West Memphis, Arkansas when 3 boys were murdered and a very dubious and prejudiced police investigated resulted in 3 boys being wrongly imprisoned in the midst of Religious hysteria about Satanism any heavy metal music. Sadly the real killer was never found. A superb movie.

Gordon.

Just watched The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec wonderful if you speak french or don't mind subtitles.
Highly Recommended for the whole family.

That, is more like it. :cool: ...Et le Français (French Canadian) est ma langue natale.

________

* Salma, yeah right. :D ...In reply to Chris and Gasboss just above.

________

I watched this last night, on Blu ::

124294_large.jpg

- It's like watching an epic outdoors theater play, with fabulous costumes, and CGI effects aplenty.
...In Korean (English is out of sync), with English subtitles (French subtitles is just too...sophisticated, and besides, not even available). :trapper: :deer:

Last edited:
Last night, revisited, in (((3D))) :::

124386_large.jpg

It's based on a true story. ...And probably very accurate, coming from Ridley Scott, the master filmmaker.
Anyway it's a grand 3D spectacle with good lookin' people (first-rate makeups), cool CGI scenes, good sound, good musical score, and funny actors (Batman, John Torturro, Alien with Sejourney Weaver, and God as a little boy....Robin).
The accuracy to details is impressive, and the sea's separation has to be seen to be believed.

Anyway, that was nice to revisit and I like it in 3D.
You guys saw it? ...What did you think of it? ...Did you learn something new and exciting about your history, where you came from, or around that period when men love to wear sandals instead of cowboy boots and fighting indians.

But they were still using arrows back then. :trapper: :umbrella: :deer: