"WHAMMY" Pass DIY headphone amp guide

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ What module are you using?

Just for fun... plug a power cord into the power inlet module (with the fuse or fuses installed). Do not plug the cord into the power outlet. Check continuity from each pin on the power cord (Live, Neutral, and Earth) to the three tabs of of the power inlet module. Do this with the power switch both on and off.

Post results.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this the Schurter IEC inlet?
It is the Schurter IEC inlet.
Check continuity from each pin on the power cord (Live, Neutral, and Earth) to the three tabs of of the power inlet module.
I have continuity to the live and earth tabs. Pretty sure I figured out the issue.
Could it be a double fused IEC with only one fuse installed?
It is a double fused IEC unfortunately. Problem is there's only one place to put a fuse, the other is missing a metal tab to install it.
1702403116405.png

Would it be possible to bridge it somehow? Am I missing a piece?

exact type, please
Schurter DD12.1121.111
Looks like the wrong drawer...? Does it have no metal in the other side of it? Did it fall out?
This is how it came, unless I didn't notice the metal tab fall out of the other side. I doubt that happened given I can't even pull the tab out of the other one with plyers without destroying it.
This is the PN for a double - SCHURTER 4301.1401
This seems like what I need. Before I order one, is there no way to fix the one I have? I'd prefer to do that if possible, but if that's the only option I can wait for the part to arrive.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Only if its actually a double and the metal bit fell out…
Best I can tell my version is the 4301.1405 or at least something like it.
https://uk.farnell.com/schurter/4301-1405/fuse-holder-drawer-snap-in/dp/1162738?MER=sy-me-pd-mi-alte
put new fuse in side where you see metal bottom
This didn't do anything since the tab to connect the other side of the fuse to the tabs in the back is not present.
1702417870813.png
1702417894178.png

I think that I am either missing a piece meant to bridge the two or I got the wrong IEC inlet in the kit. Best I can tell the neutral pin is not meant to be fused in the US, but I could also be wrong there.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This didn't do anything

simple Ohm-meter test of each fuse holder should tell you all

bottoms are or not connected to back pins of N and L

side contacts are or not connected to front N and L, when switch is pressed On

simple as that

if any of connections are missing, you have fuse holder with lost metal insert-thingie

edit = possible different combination front-back with bottom-side contacts, but ohmmeter should solve all