Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

its not a feedback but question. What does the number on chrome tab of diyaudio site show?.. the number and the red dot?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 62
Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Is 5000 a hard limitation for thread printing of the new platform? Cannot recall there being a limit before, but now just getting a message "thread too long"
Sadly the developers struggled to find a way to print longer threads within the PHP process time and memory lists. It was not a problem on the old forum but it is one we have here now. Sorry, I know it sucks.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Not sure if I missed the thread but yesterday on my phone I could suddenly see who the last poster on a thread was from the thread list. Some of the other formatting was a little odd, but for me this is a really useful feature so I was sad to see things back to before this morning. Can we have that back sometime please :).

It is fixed, for now. Thanks...

Until yesterday, after going through my watched threads, if I went to the bottom of the page, and clicked on the 'Community' button, I would end up on the top side of the 'Watched Threads' page, where the newest watched threads were.
Clicking on the 'New Posts' link on the left of it ('Threads') would get me to the new posts, but there are only about 10 threads there, the 'Community' page has more threads displayed at one time.

It is now fixed, but this happens when you have a new software with a new site, not a major issue, just a bug.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There is still a problem with the existing blogs. See the attachments.
I could get at the blogs in a convoluted way through the diyaudiostore.com, but not from the regular forum.
If you click Forums in the top menu you don't see the Blog area.
If you click Blogs at the very bottom of the page you get an area that has just one (new, after the change) blog but not the 168 that are still there.
Seems a matter of linking to the right area and putting the link in the Forums overview.

Jan

Attachments

• nonoblogs.PNG
    nonoblogs.PNG
    238.1 KB · Views: 59
  • yesblogs.PNG
    yesblogs.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 59
  • noblogs.PNG
    noblogs.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 56

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I like the "like a post" feature, although I know it is contentious.

Also, I don't know if the software has it, it would be useful for the original poster to mark a reply as a solution to their question. That solution post gets migrated to the top of posts. I think it would help to keep threads from ballooning into hundreds or thousands of posts. Ubiquiti forums, community.ui.com, has this, for example.

A couple of things which I am unhappy with:

1) I really dislike some of the garish features - such as those too large lurid smilies. The original smilies are still available
They are familiar and don't jump out to offend one's eyes. :yes:

2) The single letter against a large , over-bright, square background Icons used for those who have not registered a personal icon is also invasive
....this style is of very little use as one has to be very careful when searching for an earlier post by a mwmbwr who uses these single letter icons better to
show just the user's user-name in bold typeface. :cool: (Ouch)

[I have solved my problem of accessing the DIYaudio Store by buying an uptodate iMac!!]

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I like the "like a post" feature, although I know it is contentious.

Also, I don't know if the software has it, it would be useful for the original poster to mark a reply as a solution to their question. That solution post gets migrated to the top of posts. I think it would help to keep threads from ballooning into hundreds or thousands of posts. Ubiquiti forums, community.ui.com, has this, for example.
This is doable . . . but the post would have to be originally a "question" post (currently disabled) and not a regular thread. If my brain functions at the time I'll set up a Q&A forum in the mods test area so you can experiment. I'm in the bush ATM without much internet so that will be after the weekend.