Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

Hi Forum Team,

I am trying to figure out how to stop getting emails every time someone posts in a watched thread. Snip of my settings is below. What should I do?
View attachment 1013904

Also, it is not clear what the first option does, "Receive news and update emails." I have it unchecked purely because I was trying it out as a way to stop the thread update emails. But I do want to receive store updates and other general updates that Jason and the team sends out.

I have to say that posting, posting from a phone, attaching images, pretty much all things related to posting are a breeze. I am really enjoying the new forum. Thanks for the hard work!

Watched threads is where you can change current email settings. The above are go-forward defaults for new actions.

These files download in under 3 seconds, even here in the woods of Maine. I do not know were Indiglo is.
Thanks for the download speed info, as posted by AllenB I'm located in Australia.

We are both in Australia but not certain that's a factor..

More testing indicates that one image is limited to about 30Kbps and two images is limited to 2 x 30Kbps and three images is limited to 3 x 30Kbps and so on.

All we need is a few more Australian members to test and confirm attachment download times.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Where is this setting for watched threads?
Unwatch the thread and then re-watch it - when you do that you'll get a dialog that allows you to have or decline the email alerts for that thread. Currently all the threads you used to watch are probably sending emails (Sorry) and changing your default now does not retroactively change all the existing watched threads (more sorry). G

Unwatch the thread and then re-watch it - when you do that you'll get a dialog that allows you to have or decline the email alerts for that thread.

This can be done to all watched threads with a few clicks.

Where is this setting for watched threads?

From secondary nav go to Watched and select Watched threads.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.39.57 AM.png

If you want to turn off e-mail notifications for all watched threads, click Manage watched threads, and then select Disable email notification. You'll be asked to confirm.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.36.38 AM.png

If you want to choose which threads to stop receiving e-mail notifications for, or vice versa, either check the box(es) next to the threads, or use the Select all box. If you're receiving e-mail notifications for a thread, there will be an Email designator next to the check box.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.41.12 AM.png

Then click With selected, choose the action you want to take, and click Go.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.41.39 AM.png

MultiQuote works fine?? Just that you don't pre-select, you scroll-up and select part of other message(s). (Yes, this fails if you want to go >20 posts into the past....)

These files download in under 3 seconds, even here in the woods of Maine. I do not know where Indiglo is.
Have we all noticed that, if you hover/click the member-name, then click the location (if any), the forum makes a very good guess on Google Maps? Even for some very obscure islands. (OK, it can't parse mkane77g's location.)
That would be California;)

Anyone noticing downloading or viewing attachments is really slow, I'm seeing about 30Kbps max.
I can't seem to pull more than about 30Kbps for attachments, this includes files like pdf's.

Now the download speed for attachments and locally hosted inline images has dropped to around 15Kbps, about half to what it was two days ago.

Additionally I'm noticing page load times are slower (excluding the ones with inline images) as an example the main solid state (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/forums/solid-state.4/) forum page.

Last edited:
Could we please get rid of this number from the page title so I can read the page titles when my tabs are small?

View attachment 1015315
Your desktop doesn't look like this, does it?*

1642786970231.png

LOL Just saying - if you need that many tabs open, why not open a second browser window?

*Create a new folder. Select all of those icons, and put them in said folder. One more step for far less clutter? Yes, please!

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The forum software censors one of the words in the title of that link.
Looks fine here. 3 letter word for an animal of the horse family, which is typically smaller than a horse and has longer ears and a braying call.
***-DIYaudio-------------42.gif

OIC. When you make a simple link, the censor not only blocks the dirty word, it erases the URL you put in. i.e. that link to hot donkey love is gone. And yet if you let the auto-link function work, the dirty word is right there.

Last edited:
Joined 2017
Paid Member
Hi Jason and all!
I guess the update-smoke has settled a bit.
I'm getting used to it, and it is quite a good experience. Don't even miss that reader I used on the smartphone :)

I have just 2 little favors I'd like to ask for:
  • the page-navigator (first/prev/next/last) could be on top and bottom of the threads?
  • Could the thread-title be sticky on top of the page (under the menu-bar)

the third thing would rather be a bit conceptional: If we could have a (optional) threaded view?

I know you're all doing and giving your best, and it's great anyway!