Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Joined 2003
Paid Member
How should off set be. Just brought up and only cooked 20 minutes or so. Either channel seems to get down to .4 mv or so, then up to 4-8 mv, drifting around.

What should I check? Little nervous with that much on preamp output.... input not shorted, does it need to be shorted to prevent off set swings?

Russellc

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well, .4 isn't much, but it will go up to 10 mv, then drift down to .4, lower, lower then start climbing negative numbers, then back down, and back up the positive numbers.

I will try it with shorted inputs, then try with boards in a box of some sort. Failing that, off to ZM's OPLDF. I will take the board off for lower shipping costs.

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Out of curiosity, how is the off set on those who have built this? One channel is a few mv, the other I cant help but think could be lower. It floats from acceptable under 1 mv, to 11 or 12 mv. I know I could put a cap on the output, but seems like it should be lower.

I guess this is an acceptable level, but I would feel better if it were lower. Maybe I just need a comfort level adjustment! Nightmares of speaker frying.

Russellc

Last edited: