Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Class X / Y line-capacitor?

I have little questions:

• The implementation of a line-capacitor across the mains, as in other Pass-gear (Pearl2, F-n etc.) is recommended/mandatory? (Same value (0.0033uF?)
  • Ground loop breaker: a bit an obsolete question—Thermistor, Bridge à la Pearl2 or Elliott's loop breaker? :confused:
  • What would be the easiest/smallest way to implement a relay-network for 3-way output-selector? (doing it by relay would allow me to have the knob placed independently and still have minimally short lines)

Many thanks!
david

I second the loop breaker question! Planning on doing the grounding in chassis tomorrow, ao it is ready for the WLS.

I have a 35/200 bridge and an NTC. How do I wire this up correctly? Wich wire goes where, and where does the thermistor go?

David I’ll check the Pearl 2 manual right away, see if I can grasp it.

Stupid question maybe, but I am no expert schem reader as you will know from the question...

Andy

Last edited:
to andynor #2297

Good morning Andy,

you connect your ground (audioground) of your PSU to the groundloopbreaker -
and
from the groundloopbreaker to the earthground.
You can find many , many recipes for groundloopbreakers....

Greets
Dirk

Attachments

• groundloopbreaker1.gif
    groundloopbreaker1.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 390
  • BA-1 groundloopbraker.jpg
    BA-1 groundloopbraker.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 384
  • ground loop breaker.jpg
    ground loop breaker.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 366
  • GroundIsolator - Wayne Colburn.pdf
    7.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks so much, Dirk, and for the e-mail about the subject this morning! I guess the different ways of doing this is one of the reasons for my confusion.

I have worked the front panel and back panel today, and am now ready to start with the gnd scheme. I think I’ll go for the Pearl 2 variant, meaning bridge without NTC. Thoughts appreciated.

Wish you all a good day!

Andy

Last edited: