• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Im tempted by the jmlc 350 running a 2" with a radian 850, but Im under the impression that I will need to run a supertweeter as well if I go with this combination.- you wouldnt happen to have a FR graph of this combination would you?
A metallic gelcoat black would be fine if you can do it.

Look at the middle graph:

www.autotech.pl/pdf/audio_en.pdf

JMLC-350 with STX D1300-Ti have ultralinear response up to 10K. I prefer such a combination over 1" driver because it sounds warm without problems with sibilants. If you really want 30kHz then use BMS in JMLC-1000 and 2-way horn design. We are working on such a model and will exhibit at Audio Show 2010 in Warsaw.

Grp buy

Looking at the plots-it would appear that neither of those horns are useful below 700hz. I too am using a Radian 850, and truly wanted a JMLC 275hz horn to get flat to 500hz. I am hoping that the Iwata 300 will get me there but honestly would love to see a 2" Compression driver capable of 500hz on an Iwata to be certain. Also, what about polar pattern? So little is written about Iwata's, would there be issues mating an Iwata to a conical 500hz horn w/a Fostex t-90 supertweeter? I love the idea of a wider sweetspot w/the Iwata, but the JMLC is well established as a good sounding horn.

So it's Sept, can we get any type of estimated time of manufacture/shipment for the Iwata 300's going to the USA? Price each? Shipping cost? How do we pay?

Well I'm waiting for Iwata 300 point data from Jean-Michel. We are ready. As for the shipping it is unclear who will handle a pellet ($580) in US/CA. It looks shipping for end user osculates between $100-150, closer to the latter. Try ask your company for agreement with international carrier - maybe you could pay less? Restriction with air is: length plus perimeter<=3 meters.

We accept PayPal. Can you check if PLN currency is available on your side? This is important because exchange rate and fees are poor in PayPal and for us wire transfer is simply better.

Iwata 300 CAD model with 1" to 2" adapter (red).

Attachments

• Iwata300.jpg
    Iwata300.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,571