VSSA Through-Hole-PCB build thread

I wanted to give an update on my amp. I had a problem with blowing fuses if I changed inputs while the amp was on. I also noticed a slight hum. I decided to revisit my grounding scheme. I built a ground loop breaker and then installed a star ground bolt and reworked all the ground wires to land there. No more issues now and it is completely hum free. I thought I should share since I was asked about the ground scheme earlier.

Attachments

• PMI with new ground scheme.jpg
    PMI with new ground scheme.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 525
  • Ground loop breaker.jpg
    Ground loop breaker.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 504
Congratulations Terry!
Exactly the strings of the bass are very well revealed to my ears by both VSSA and XVSSA (details almost unknown to me before). Also electric guitar riffs are extremely well reproduced, and here is where I found the parallel film cap over feedback electrolytic proved crucial in XVSSA. Acoustic guitar passages are also a delight.
Enjoy your new builds!

I wanted to give an update on my amp. I had a problem with blowing fuses if I changed inputs while the amp was on. I also noticed a slight hum. I decided to revisit my grounding scheme. I built a ground loop breaker and then installed a star ground bolt and reworked all the ground wires to land there. No more issues now and it is completely hum free. I thought I should share since I was asked about the ground scheme earlier.

Thanks for the photos, Terry. Just to make sure I understand the grounding, the bolt next to the ground loop bridge is isolated from the chassis, correct? Thanks.