VRDN: bipolar regulator PCB for line level ckts: ±11V to ±20V @ 1.5A with "De-Noiser"

According to the schematic on the first post denoiser is used without the jumper installed. That explains the bouncing (over- and undershoot of the denoiser). It also explains why you had only -15.5V earlier. Denoiser was probably oscillating.

This is correct it had issues with the de-noise engaged. There was still an issue, but the correct voltage was there. When I put a scope on it there was still and oscillation though not as bad. Lest it get lost in the thread the issue was, mainly with a non BOM chip, but morestsble values were determined and I think the BOM and schematic were updated.

I am planning on using this PSU for my Pearl 2 build.
Due to limited space my plan was to go the wallwart path to try to keep noise from being picked up by the Pearl.
I don't know Sutherland gets by with them and was going to base my plan of attack on there 20/20 version.
Anybody try something like this before?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The pearl 2 needs +/- 27 to 30v DC on its inputs, and it has onboard regulators, so you can have a simple raw supply.

If you bypass the board regulators you’ll need regulated +/- 24vdc.

You could use VRDN board as a raw supply, basically rectifiers and filter caps only.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
From post #1 of this thread:

_

Attachments

• bloosh.png
    bloosh.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 357
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Some builders have enjoyed experimenting with their nee-nee-needley-est needle nose pliers. By studiously making test-bends upon ten or twenty expendable, disposable resistors, these folks have discovered just the perfect distance-from-jaw-tip to grip the wire, so they get zzzzzactly the bend radius they seek.

Not all builders, of course.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
VRDN Measuements

Since no one else has posted any measurements of the VRDN, I figured I would have a go at it. I measured both rails set at 12 volts with 180 ohm resistors on the outputs for a 66mA load. I did parallel the resistors on the positive rail for a 132mA load and it raise the noise level about 2dB is all, statistically insignificant.
The 0dB level is set to 9,238.9 mVpeak or 12.5dBu.

Positive Rail
VRDN Pos Rail.jpg

Negative Rail
VRDN Neg Rail.jpg