• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB to I2S 384Khz - DSD Converter

5V TTL inputs are compatible with 3.3v CMOS outputs. If the manual is correct, and the inputs are 5V TTL compatible.
Might me some sort of signal integrity issue (long cables, wrong source termination resistors, wrong wiring, untidy connection of cable to Amanero's PCB). Yes, "tidy" thing plays a role here, as well as "small" and "direct".
What impedance the i2s inputs and the "mouse/keyboard" cable/connectors have?

I'm trying to run sync with 90/98 clocks on the Acko SO3 board into Amanero/BuffIIISE. Seems like a firmware problem. Can flash CPLD (slave2224) and then can flash CPU (1080), with both of those operations indicating "Done" but cannot seem to get anywhere with the configuration bits, because, I'm guessing, when I try to flash after choosing the config bits, I get, invariably, without fail, the message "Audio Device Not Found!" and I get no effect from the bits choices. Has anyone encountered this before? I've searched here and in the Acko GB thread, and posted in the latter, but no luck. Again, TIA - Pat

5V TTL inputs are compatible with 3.3v CMOS outputs. If the manual is correct, and the inputs are 5V TTL compatible.
Might me some sort of signal integrity issue (long cables, wrong source termination resistors, wrong wiring, untidy connection of cable to Amanero's PCB). Yes, "tidy" thing plays a role here, as well as "small" and "direct".
What impedance the i2s inputs and the "mouse/keyboard" cable/connectors have?

Thanks for the input guys.

The Amanero works fine with my Discreet Monica dac, i.e. excellent!
As I had the Stello DA100 anyway I thought I might try the Amanero with this dac too. So I used the exact same cat. 5 wires that works with the Monica and about the same length, very short. The Stello uses a hard to get PS2 connector. I used the only one I was able to get hold of. I have no idea of the impedance of the connector. Maybe I should try to solder the Amanero directly to the I2S input of the Stello and bypass the PS2 connector?

Are you following the readme.pdf (included in the driver zip) ?
The "unplug and wait" instructions are important.

Hi Dean -

Did read the readme, but didn't fully grasp the significance of the distinction between the two drivers involved. As I pointed out in the Acko thread, I was able to flash the config bits.

Bottom line, however, is that with what appear to be the correct bits and CPLD for the sync and async schemes, sync doesn't work for anything but 44.1, async works at any native rate, but not when upsampled to 352 or 384. Not working means I do get lock, but the faint music in the background is overlaid with a high-frequency whistling/hash. Bummer. Thanks - Pat

First, you add a line with your account name, number of card you want, your country, shipping method here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmX4TyHWgSmNdE5laDJQNlA3UVBYaWlrczJwYS1EcXc#gid=0

Second, you send PM to Amanero (Domenico) with information above + your email + ...

Third, Amanero will put you in GB7 (if GB7 still alive) and send email to you with Paypal request.

Fourth, You pay and wait for USB card with some info from Amanero

You can see page 14, 185 to get more detail ;)

I don't see members joining the group buy anymore. Is the group buy still open? Some clarity would be helpful.

Why don't you try your chance as put your name in GB and PM amanero and wait for what comes around. It seems like some people are getting their boards. Also there would be FS for amanero in swap meet section from time to time, I remember there was one a few times ago. But just put your name and take your chance.

Why don't you try your chance as put your name in GB and PM amanero and wait for what comes around. It seems like some people are getting their boards.

As suggested, I had added my name. I was actually hesitant because there is a column in the Excel sheet for putting in the payment details whereas I don't know if the group buy is still on. I have also sent a PM to Domenico but haven't got a reply.:worried:

Thanks for your sound.

Then how to implement this connection between Combo384 DSD signal output to WM8741.

WM8741 is forced H/W mode, so under asynchronous USB, how to

Combo384 is working asynchronous mode, so that, have better method to auto select when PCM or DSD source playing?

the audio data is clock in to the dac during the rising edge/falling edge, if the data signal rising edge is the same as the clock, there should be a chance of wrong data clock in.

From Yamaha SM:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-06-06 at 12.16.51 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-06-06 at 12.16.51 AM.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 704